Below is everything you need to know for the 2022 version of Hoosier Hysteria, IU basketball’s annual live preseason tip-off event.
You’ll find key times, parking information, program details, and much more.
You can also see how to watch virtually if you are unable to attend Friday night in Bloomington.
Finally, a list of recruiting prospects expected at Hoosier Hysteria is included as well.
Hoosier Hysteria: Friday, Oct. 7, 7 p.m. ET, Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.
- Students may enter at 5:45 p.m. ET with the general public coming into the facility at 6 p.m. ET.
- Admission is free, but those attending are asked to donate a canned food item to benefit the Hoosier Hills Food Bank.
Parking: Parking is free and fans are asked to enter via Gates 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 with ADA parking available in Gate 13.
- Due to the homecoming parade, 17th St will be closed 5:30-6:30 p.m. ET.
- Please enter off the Bypass (Gate 10 or 11) to park on the Athletics campus during this time.
Lineup: Fans will be able to lineup for admission beginning at 12 p.m. ET, (weather permitting) Friday.
- IU students are invited to begin lining up in the southeast corner of Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Early arrivers will be positioned to have access to the best seats in the special general admission, student section of Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in Sections L-M for both Hoosier Hysteria as well as the post-event concert by G Herbo.
Hosted By: IU graduates Courtney Cronin (ESPN) and Rhett Lewis (IU Radio Network/Sirius XM) will serve as the emcees for the evening.
Meet The Hoosiers: Both the men’s and women’s teams will be introduced and Coach Teri Moren and Coach Mike Woodson will address the crowd.
On The Court: Members of both programs will take part in a 3-point shooting contest and skills competition followed by other basketball activities.
Concert: Chicago native and platinum selling rapper G Herbo will perform following the conclusion of team activities. He is a staunch mental health advocate and proponent for change in the black community through Stress Youth Mental Health Program, which was recognized by Forbes 30 Under 30.
Streaming: Fans wishing to watch Friday’s Hoosier Hysteria virtually can do so by purchasing a B1G+ subscription. A cable subscription to Big Ten Network does not work on B1G+. To order, click here https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/page/payment.
- A season pass, which will bring you all of the live events featuring IU Athletics on BTN Plus, is $79.95. A monthly IU pass is $9.95.
- Two exhibitions and the season opener against Morehead State will air on the service and nine women’s games also will be shown on BTN+.
Floating Head Posters: The iconic Indiana Men’s and Women’s Basketball floating heads schedule posters are now available for the 2022-23 season. Posters are $12 and fans attending Hoosier Hysteria can purchase their posters at the Indiana Team Store located inside the west doors of Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall beginning at 6 p.m. ET, one hour before the start of IU Basketball’s season tip-0ff event. The posters are being produced by Campus Ink, a Name, Image, and Likeness company that has partnered with the members of the IU Men’s and Women’s Basketball to offer Hoosier fans an affordable pricing model that also permits each student-athlete to be compensated for their name, image and likeness through the sales of this year’s posters.
RECRUITING PROSPECTS EXPECTED TO ATTEND
At its core, Hoosier Hysteria is a recruiting event, and IU is expecting a large group of visitors on Friday night and into the weekend:
- Gabe Cupps — class of 2023 commit (4-star, No. 94)
- Jakai Newton — class of 2023 commit (4-star, No. 72)
- Raleigh Burgess — class of 2024 offer (3-star, No. 133)
- Flory Bidunga — class of 2024 offer (5-star, No. 4)
- Caleb Williams — class of 2024 offer (3-star, No. 136)
- Jonathan Powell — class of 2024 offer (4-star, No. 80)
- Trent Sisley — class of 2025 offer (4-star, No. 50)
- Trey McKenney — class of 2025 offer (4-star, No. 22)
- Malachi Moreno — class of 2025 offer (4-star, No. 45)
- E.J. Walker — class of 2025 prospect (N/R)
(Rankings according to 247Sports Composite)
Class of 2025 guard Jalen Haralson was also planning to attend but now has Team USA obligations.
Williams is coming in from the Washington D.C. area and is expected to stay the weekend on an official visit.
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”