“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Welcome to The Daily Hoosier. We are an independent publication operated by an Indiana native and IU Bloomington alumnus who is season credentialed for IU basketball and football.
We are the only IU athletics site that offers ALL of the following:
- Comprehensive coverage of all IU athletics. We are your one stop shop for all things IU.
- All site content is FREE (please whitelist us from your ad blocker). We will never ask you for a subscription.
- A free commenting community at the bottom of every article for interaction with other fans. You shouldn’t have to pay to talk IU sports with your fellow fans. Save that money for your family.
- Locally owned and operated in Indiana by a small business and an IU alum. Feel good about supporting a small Indiana based start-up rather than the big corporate sites.
If there is anything from a current events or historical perspective that you’d like to see covered, don’t hesitate to ask.
Please feel free to get in touch via the form below or via email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Mike Schumann, IU Class of 1995
Founder, Owner, and Editor, The Daily Hoosier
If you would like to be a contributor for The Daily Hoosier, don’t hesitate to contact us.
How You Can Support The Daily Hoosier
Did you know — the top sites for many of the schools around the country are completely free and independently owned?
It’s time for a better option for Hoosier fans.
If you share our passion for IU and believe that there should be a site with great content that is comprehensive, free, and owned by an Indiana-based small business then please consider supporting us.
As you can imagine, the site is not free to run. There are site staff costs, hosting fees, travel costs, marketing costs, and content subscription fees to name a few. Of course there is a substantial amount of time and effort involved as well.
There are several ways that you can support us and most of them are free and quite simple:
- Disable Ad-blockers for this site. Please whitelist us if you use any ad-blocking plug-ins or applications. We earn very tiny fees merely from you seeing the ads on our site. Also, please let us know if you feel like the ads are overwhelming the site.
- Amazon. Already going to buy something on Amazon? Why not funnel all of your Amazon activity through a small business? While we don’t earn anything if you just click their ads, we DO earn a commission for anything you buy on Amazon if you go through the ads that are displayed on our site, or from the shop menu at the top of any page, or here. You don’t have to buy what you see in the ads — anything you buy on your Amazon visit coming from our site will earn us a commission.
- Stay a While. You shouldn’t have to pay to discuss IU sports with fellow fans. Share your thoughts in the comments section of our content and help us create a community. The added activity from a vibrant and engaged comments section helps to substantially increase our traffic. Let’s change the course of IU sports coverage together.
- Follow TDH and Spread the Word. What could be easier? If you enjoy our content and share our vision for a completely free, comprehensive and independently owned Indiana based small business — tell your friends and family about us. Also, follow us on social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Support the Advertisers. For ads other than Amazon on the site we earn referral fees if you click on them. Don’t click just to click, but if you see something you like, go for it. These ads are produced by Google and should be relevant and safe. Just don’t click on anything that isn’t consistent with your values or that you otherwise don’t feel good about.
- Buy IU Tickets. Planning to buy tickets to an IU football or basketball game? The menu at the top of our site (or right here) has affiliate links to StubHub. If you buy your IU tickets using those links we earn a commission at no additional charge to you.
- Buy TDH/IU Apparel. Looking for IU apparel, gifts or memorabilia? There are links on the top menu and along the sides of our site (or right here) to buy IU apparel from the official IU store, Adidas, IU memorabilia and books through IU Press. Once again, we earn a small commission if you complete a transaction using those links. We also have a TDH t-shirt that you can buy through your Amazon account.
- Advertise With Us. At more than 831,000 page views and 325,000 unique visitors a month (April, 2021), and growing, your Indiana/IU/Bloomington related business can benefit by partnering with us. Please contacts us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Make a Donation. If you share our vision and would like to more directly support our cause you can make a cash donation through PayPal via the button below. If you want to go this route don’t hesitate to do so along with a request or charter for the site such as your recommendations on how we can make it better, or to fund an IU student internship.
We thank you for your interest and support. We welcome your feedback at email@example.com.