How You Can Support The Daily Hoosier
In October of 2017 we started on a journey. We were frustrated with expensive subscription sites that really didn’t seem to produce premium content, and tired of jumping all over the internet for various bits of information on all the different IU sports. We sensed that the main sites covering the IU beat were going through the motions, just doing a job and churning out the same predictable content. We noticed that many of the main sites were owned by big global corporations like Gannett Company, CBS, and Yahoo!
Did you know — the top sites for many of the schools around the country are completely free and independently owned? It’s time for a better option for Hoosier fans.
If you share our passion for IU and believe that there should be a site with great content that is comprehensive, free, and owned by an Indiana-based small business then please consider supporting us. As you can imagine, the site is not free to run. There are site hosting fees, travel costs, marketing costs, and content subscription fees to name a few. Of course there is a substantial amount of time and effort involved as well.
There are several ways that you can support us and most of them are free and quite simple:
- Disable Ad-blockers for this site. Please whitelist us if you use any ad-blocking plug-ins or applications. We earn very tiny fees merely from you seeing the ads. Also, please let us know if you feel like the ads are overwhelming the site.
- Amazon.com. Yes, you know you love them. Why not funnel all of your Amazon activity through a small business? While we don’t earn anything if you just click their ads, we DO earn a commission for anything you buy on Amazon if you go through their ads that are displayed on our site. You don’t have to buy what you see in the ads — anything you buy on your visit from our site will earn us a commission.
- Stay a While. You shouldn’t have to pay to discuss IU sports with fellow fans. And 1990’s era “chat rooms” are such an archaic model. Share your thoughts in the comments section of our content and help us create a community. The added traffic from a vibrant and engaged comments section helps to substantially increase our traffic. Let’s change the course of IU sports coverage together.
- Spread the Word. What could be easier? If you enjoy our content and share our vision — tell your friends and family about us.
- Support the Advertisers. For any other ads on the site we earn referral fees if you click on them. Don’t click just to click, but if you see something you like, go for it. These ads are produced by Google and should generally be safe. Just don’t click on anything that isn’t consistent with your values or that you otherwise don’t feel good about.
- Advertise With Us. At more than 30,000 unique visitors a month and growing, your Indiana/IU/Bloomington related business can benefit by partnering with us. Please contacts us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Buy IU Tickets. The menu at the top of our site has affiliate links to Seat Geek. If you buy your IU tickets using those links we earn a commission at no additional charge to you.
- Buy TDH/IU Apparel. We are building up an inventory of fun TDH t-shirts that you can buy through your Amazon account. There are also links at the top and along the sides of our site to buy IU apparel and books through our affiliates. Once again, we earn a commission if you complete a transaction using those links.
- Make a Donation. If you share our vision and would like to more directly support our cause you can make a cash donation through PayPal via the button below. If you want to go this route don’t hesitate to do so along with a request or charter for the site such as your recommendations on how we can make it better, or to fund an IU student internship.
We thank you for your interest and support. We welcome your feedback at email@example.com.