With The Bahamas trip now in the rear-view mirror, it is a good time to look forward to Mike Woodson’s first season at the helm of his alma mater. That will be a bit easier today now that all 31 opponents on the 2021-22 IU basketball schedule are known.
The final piece of the puzzle is now clear as IU will open things up on Nov. 9 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in Bloomington against Eastern Michigan.
A member of the Mid-American Conference, the Eagles finished the 2020-21 season with a 6-12 mark. Former Kent State, Arkansas and South Florida head coach Stan Heath was hired to lead the program in April. Heath was the head coach at Kent State in 2002 and faced IU in the Elite Eight.
Indiana is 4-0 all-time against Eastern Michigan, with their most recent win coming in 2017.
Nine of Indiana’s 11 non-conference games will be played in Bloomington, and 10 of 11 will be in the state of Indiana. Here are all 31 opponents on Indiana’s schedule, with dates and locations where known. As has been the case in recent years, it is expected that two of the 20 Big Ten games will take place in late November or early December. The league has not yet released the dates for the 2021-22 season.
- Eastern Michigan: Nov. 9 (Bloomington)
- Northern Illinois: Nov. 12 (Bloomington)
- St. John’s: Nov. 17 (Gavitt Games, Bloomington)
- Louisiana Lafayette: Home game, (Nov 21-27)
- Marshall: Home game, (Nov 21-27)
- Jackson State: Home game, (Nov 21-27)
- at Syracuse: Nov. 30 (Big Ten / ACC Challenge)
- Merrimack: Dec. 12 (Bloomington)
- Notre Dame: Dec. 18 (Crossroads Classic, at Indianapolis)
- Northern Kentucky: Dec. 22 (Bloomington)
- UNC Asheville: Dec. 29 (Bloomington)
- Big Ten Regular Season:
Home & Away – Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin
Home Only – Illinois, Michigan, Rutgers
Away Only – Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern
- Big Ten Tournament: Indianapolis, Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no additional cost to you.