The ninth of 11 IU basketball 2021-22 non-conference games surfaced on Tuesday afternoon.
According to a report by college basketball bracketologist and analyst Rocco Miller on Twitter, Indiana will face Northern Illinois on Nov. 12 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind.
NIU finished the 2020-21 campaign with a 3-16 record. The Huskies were No. 337 in the final KenPom.com rankings. The program parted ways with head coach Mark Montgomery midseason after a 1-7 start.
Rashon Burno, who spent the last six seasons at Arizona State, including the last five as associate head coach, was announced as the new Northern Illinois University men’s basketball head coach on March 6.
Here is what is known about the 2021-22 schedule:
- Northern Illinois: Nov. 12 (Bloomington)
- St. John’s: Nov. 17 (Gavitt Games, Bloomington)
- at Syracuse: Nov. 30 (Big Ten / ACC Challenge)
- Notre Dame: Dec. 18 (Crossroads Classic, at Indianapolis)
- Northern Kentucky: Dec. 22 (Bloomington)
- UNC Asheville: Dec. 29 (Bloomington)
- Merrimack: Home game, date TBD.
- Louisiana Lafayette: Home game, date TBD.
- Marshall: Home game, date TBD.
- Big Ten Regular Season:
Home & Away – Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin
Home Only – Illinois, Michigan, Rutgers
Away Only – Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern
- Big Ten Tournament: Indianapolis, Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no additional cost to you.