As is the case each summer, Indiana’s nonconference schedule is trickling in opponent by opponent.
Based on a report by Jeff Goodman of Stadium, Indiana will host Jackson State somewhere in the Nov. 21-27 timeframe as part of a multi-team exempt event that includes the previously reported games against Louisiana Lafayette and Marshall.
Jackson State is a member of the SWAC conference. The Tigers finished 12-6 last season after an 0-5 start, including an 11-0 mark in the SWAC regular season. They lost in the second round of the SWAC tournament and did not play any additional postseason games.
Overall Jackson State was No. 265 in 2020-21 according to KenPom.com. They struggled offensively, and finished No. 349, but on the defensive end the Tigers were No. 92.
Indiana has never faced Jackson State. They are led by ninth year head coach Wayne Brent.
Here are Indiana’s 30 known 2021-22 games. Indiana will play 11 nonconference and 20 Big Ten contests. At this point the lone unknown opponent appears to be the team they will face for the season opener on Nov. 9.
As has been the case in recent years, two of the conference games will be held in late November or early December, most likely in the Dec. 1 – 11 void below.
- Northern Illinois: Nov. 12 (Bloomington)
- St. John’s: Nov. 17 (Gavitt Games, Bloomington)
- Louisiana Lafayette: Home game, (Nov 21-27)
- Marshall: Home game, (Nov 21-27)
- Jackson State: Home game, (Nov 21-27)
- at Syracuse: Nov. 30 (Big Ten / ACC Challenge)
- Merrimack: Dec. 12 (Bloomington)
- Notre Dame: Dec. 18 (Crossroads Classic, at Indianapolis)
- Northern Kentucky: Dec. 22 (Bloomington)
- UNC Asheville: Dec. 29 (Bloomington)
- Big Ten Regular Season:
Home & Away – Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin
Home Only – Illinois, Michigan, Rutgers
Away Only – Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern
- Big Ten Tournament: Indianapolis, Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no additional cost to you.