IU women’s basketball moved up to No. 5 in this week’s AP top-25.
The Hoosiers have been ranked all season long, and with two losses by Michigan last week, IU is now firmly in first place in the Big Ten, up two games in the loss column.
Berger named Big Ten player of the week
Senior guard Grace Berger has been named the Big Ten Player of the Week, announced on Monday by the league.
The Louisville, Ky. averaged 21.0 points, 7.5 rebounds, 5.0 assists, +5.0 assist-to-turnover ratio shot 60 percent from the floor and 92.3 percent at the free-throw line in a pair of wins for No. 7 IU. This is the second Big Ten Player of the Week honor for Berger, who was the league’s player of the week on Nov. 25, 2019.
Berger had 13 points, eight rebounds, seven assists and two steals in the victory at Illinois where she went 6-for-8 from the floor. She led IU with a new career-high 29 points in the win over Michigan State where she shot 9-for-17 from the floor and a perfect 11-for-11 at the free-throw line. Berger also added seven boards, three assists and committed zero turnovers.
IU at Nebraska Monday on BTN
Indiana looks to get the season sweep of Nebraska when it travels to Lincoln on Monday night. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. ET on Big Ten Network.
- No. 5 INDIANA (18-3, 10-1 B1G) at NEBRASKA (18-6, 7-6 B1G)
- Monday, February 14, 2022 • 7 p.m. ET
- Pinnacle Bank Arena • Lincoln, Neb.
- Broadcast: Big Ten Network (Larry, Punteney, Meghan McKeown)
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
- Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
- You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
- Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no cost to you.