For the first time since 2018, Indiana and Purdue will compete for the Old Oaken Bucket in Bloomington.
All that’s left for IU is that trophy, and to play the spoiler role as Purdue goes for the Big Ten West title.
Can the Hoosiers build off of a shocking road win at Michigan State and pull off a rivalry week upset?
Here’s everything you need to know about Indiana’s week 12 matchup.
PURDUE (7-4, 5-3) at INDIANA (4-7, 2-6)
- Kickoff: 3:30 p.m. Eastern, Saturday
- Location: Bloomington, Ind., Memorial Stadium (52,656; field turf)
- Television: Big Ten Network — Cory Provus (pbp), Matt Millen (analyst), Elise Menaker (sideline)
- Stream: Fox Sports
- Radio: IU Football radio network
- Odds: Purdue is an 10.5-point favorite
- Weather at kickoff: 58 degrees, mostly cloudy, wind 6 mph, 0% chance of precipitation.
- Series: Purdue leads 75-42-6 (Purdue won 44-7 in 2021)
- The Coaches:
Tom Allen is in his sixth year as the head coach at IU. He holds a 30-39 record.
Jeff Brohm has a career record of 65-43 in nine seasons. He’s 35-33 in six years at Purdue.
The Daily Hoosier’s Week 12 Coverage:
- Potential spoiler role on the line for IU football in Bucket game
- Watch: Tom Allen and Jeff Brohm Old Oaken Bucket week press conferences
- Playing linebacker, getting 14 tackles — Bryant Fitzgerald flexible to the end of IU football career
- IU football coach Tom Allen radio show: Purdue week
- Watch: IU football starting quarterback Dexter Williams Q&A — Purdue week
- IU linebacker Cam Jones hosting Wednesday coat drive, trying to play in Purdue game
Indiana hasn’t released a list of players participating in senior day ceremonies.
🗣 It goes by in a flash.
🗣 Cherish every moment.
🗣 Enjoy the little things.
Tomorrow we celebrate our seniors. pic.twitter.com/FlfOzJh2Bo
— Indiana Football (@IndianaFootball) November 26, 2022
The following players are in their final year of eligibility:
- Jonathan Haynes
- D.J. Matthews
- Alfred Bryant
- Christian Harris
- Chris Bradberry
- Bryant Fitzgerald
- Bradley Jennings
- Demarcus Elliott
- Luke Haggard
- Jaylin Williams
- James Head, Jr.
- Cam Jones
- Shaun Shivers
- Devon Matthews
The main question for Indiana — will star linebacker Cam Jones play in his final college game? He has been trying to work back from a foot injury for weeks and his status is uncertain.
Offensive tackle Matthew Bedford, quarterback Jack Tuttle, and wide receiver Cam Camper are out for the season.
PURDUE LEADERS / TALE OF THE TAPE
THE COMPLETE BIG TEN WEEK 12 SLATE
|College Park, MD (Conf.)||TV: Big Ten Network Stats Radio: WFAN 101.9-FM/660-AM, FOX Sports New Jersey 93.5-FM/1450-AM, SiriusXM 158 or 203, Audacy app, Scarlet Knights app Video|
|Columbus, Ohio (Conf.)||TV: Fox Stats Video|
|Evanston, Ill.||TV: TBD Stats Radio: WGN Radio AM-720|
|Bloomington, Ind. (Conf.)||TV: BTN Stats Radio: IU Radio Network|
|Madison, WI (Conf.)||TV: ESPN Stats Radio: KFAN 100.3 FM Video|
|University Park, Pa. (Conf.)||TV: FS1 Stats Radio: Penn State Sports Network Video|
After an Iowa loss to Nebraska on Friday, Purdue is playing for its first ever trip to the Big Ten Championship game. Will they play tight, or will their motivation rule the day?
Indiana’s win a week ago seems to have the program rejuvenated, if only a bit, and quarterback Dexter Williams has created a new dynamic.
But this is still a team that seems to find ways to lose more often than not.
TDH: PURDUE 27 INDIANA 24
ESPN SP+ (Computer) Purdue 36 Indiana 27
ESPN FPI (Computer) Indiana 28.4 percent chance to win
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
- Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
- You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
- Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no cost to you.