Indiana is back on the road Saturday as the Hoosiers travel to the East Coast and try to end a four-game losing streak.
IU will look to avenge last year’s embarrassing blowout loss to Rutgers in Bloomington, and salvage their rapidly fading postseason hopes.
But they’ll need to put up points against a stingy Rutgers defense, and their own defense needs a bounce-back effort against a struggling Scarlet Knights attack.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Hoosiers’ week eight matchup.
INDIANA (3-4, 1-3) at RUTGERS (3-3, 0-3)
- Kickoff: Noon Eastern, Saturday
- Location: SHI Stadium (52,454), Piscataway, N.J.
- Television: BTN — Cory Provus (pbp), Matt Millen (analyst), Elise Menaker (sideline)
- Stream: Fox Sports
- Radio: IU Football radio network
- Odds: Rutgers is a 3-point favorite
- Weather at kickoff: 63 degrees, sunny, wind 2 mph, 0% chance of precipitation.
- Series: Indiana leads 5-3 (Rutgers won 38-3 in 2021)
- The Coaches:
Tom Allen is in his sixth year as the head coach at IU. He holds a 29-36 record.
Greg Schiano is 79-84 in 14 seasons as the head coach at Rutgers.
IU Football Week Eight Coverage:
- IU football facing essentially must-win game at Rutgers
- Watch: IU football coach Tom Allen gives his final public comments on Rutgers
- IU football coach Tom Allen radio show: Rutgers week
- IU football notebook: McCullough receiving national attention, Simmons stepping up
- Watch: IU football coordinators Bell and Wilt recap week seven, preview Rutgers
- No changes in Indiana’s QB pecking order after Tuttle news
- Watch: IU football coach Tom Allen discusses Tuttle transfer, previews Rutgers
- IU football quarterback and team captain Jack Tuttle enters the transfer portal
INDIANA’S KEY INJURIES
Tight end A.J. Barner and cornerback Jaylin Williams are game-time decisions.
Defensive end Beau Robbins is questionable.
Linebacker Cam Jones is out for several weeks with a foot injury.
Offensive tackle Matthew Bedford is out for the season.
TALE OF THE TAPE
THE COMPLETE BIG TEN WEEK EIGHT SLATE
|Columbus, Ohio (Conf.)||TV: FOX|
|Piscataway, N.J. (Conf.)||TV: Big Ten Network Stats Radio: WFAN 101.9-FM/660-AM, FOX Sports New Jersey 93.5-FM/1450-AM, SiriusXM 195, Audacy app, Scarlet Knights app Video|
|College Park, MD (Conf.)||TV: BTN Stats Radio: WGN Radio AM-720 Video|
|Madison, Wis. (Conf.)||TV: ESPN Stats Radio: WAZY (96.5 FM)|
|University Park, PA (Conf.)||TV: ABC Stats Radio: Penn State Sports Network Video|
RUTGERS RESULTS AND LEADERS
3…..at Boston College (ACCN) ………….W, 22-21
10…Wagner (BTN)……………………………W, 66-7
17…at Temple (ESPN+) ……………………W, 16-14
24…Iowa* (FS1)……………………………… L, 27-10
1…..at No. 3 Ohio State* (BTN) ………… L, 49-10
7…..Nebraska* (FS1)……………………….. L, 14-13
2022 STATISTICAL LEADERS
- Evan Simon: 745 PASS YDS / 124.2 YPG / 57.7% / 4 TD / 6 INT
- Samuel Brown: 57 CAR / 272 YDS / 45.3 YPG / 2 TD / 4 REC / 17 YDS / 2.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Kyle Monangai: 48 CAR / 185 YDS / 30.8 YPG / 2 TD / 3 REC / 11 YDS / 1.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Aron Cruickshank: 25 REC / 243 YDS / 40.5 YPG / 2 TD
- Shameen Jones: 10 REC / 177 YDS / 29.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Sean Ryan: 9 REC / 164 YDS / 27.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Tyreem Powell: 19 TKL / 4.0 TFL / 4.0 SACK
- Deion Jennings: 27 TKL / 4.0 TFL
- Christian Braswell: 10 TKL / 2 INT / 2 PD
Indiana is getting healthier and long overdue for things to go their way.
Rutgers’ defense is good, but their offense is mistake prone.
This time the Hoosiers avoid the backbreaking miscues, force some takeaways, and pull out their first Big Ten road win since 2020.
TDH: INDIANA 20 RUTGERS 16
ESPN SP+ (Computer) Rutgers 26 Indiana 21
ESPN FPI: Indiana 42 percent chance to win
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”