Only two weeks left for the hardcore fans.
From a hopeful if not promising 3-0 start, to a seven-game losing streak, little remains now but to play for the future.
A cold, blustery, and snowy day will test the resolve of an Indiana team going nowhere fast.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Hoosiers’ week 11 matchup with Michigan State.
INDIANA (3-7, 1-6) at MICHIGAN STATE (5-5, 3-4)
- Kickoff: Noon Eastern, Saturday
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan, Spartan Stadium (74,866, natural grass)
- Television: BTN — Cory Provus (pbp), Matt Millen (analyst), Elise Menaker (sideline)
- Stream: Fox Sports
- Radio: IU Football radio network
- Odds: Michigan State is a 10-point favorite
- Weather at kickoff: 30 degrees, snow showers, wind 14 mph, 49% chance of precipitation.
- Series: Michigan State leads 49-17-2 (MSU won 20-15 in 2021)
- The Coaches:
Tom Allen is in his sixth year as the head coach at IU. He holds a 29-39 record.
Mel Tucker is 18-12 in his third season at Michigan State, and 23-19 overall as a head coach.
The Daily Hoosier’s Week 11 Coverage:
- Watch: IU football coach Tom Allen with final thoughts on Michigan State
- IU punt returner Connor Delp suspended indefinitely
- IU football coach Tom Allen lays bare the program realities in the NIL era
- IU football coach Tom Allen radio show: Michigan State week
- ‘I just love to win’: How Dexter Williams got through his torn ACL to get a chance as IU’s quarterback
- Watch: Indiana corner Tiawan Mullen featured on BTN’s “The Journey”
- Watch: Tom Allen Monday media Q&A — Michigan State week
THE OLD BRASS SPITTOON
Linebacker Cam Jones remains unlikely to play with a with a foot injury.
Wideout D.J. Matthews, linebacker Bradley Jennings and tackle Josh Sales are all questionable with injuries.
Offensive tackle Matthew Bedford, quarterback Jack Tuttle and wide receiver Cam Camper are out for the season.
TALE OF THE TAPE
THE COMPLETE BIG TEN WEEK 11 SLATE
|Huntington Bank Stadium (Conf.)||TV: FOX Stats Radio: KFAN 100.3 FM|
|West Lafayette, Ind. (Conf.)||TV: FS1 Stats Radio: WAZY (96.5 FM)|
|Ann Arbor, Mich. (Conf.)||TV: ABC Stats Video|
|Lincoln, Neb. (Conf.)||TV: ESPN Stats|
|East Lansing, Mich. (Conf.)||TV: Big Ten Network Stats Radio: Spartan Media Network|
|College Park, MD (Conf.)||Stats|
|Piscataway, N.J. (Conf.)||TV: Big Ten Network Stats Radio: WFAN 101.9-FM/660-AM, FOX Sports New Jersey 93.5-FM/1450-AM, SiriusXM 158 or 203, Audacy app, Scarlet Knights app Video|
MICHIGAN STATE RESULTS AND LEADERS
Sept. 2 WESTERN MICHIGAN (ESPN2) W, 35-13
Sept. 10 AKRON (BTN) W, 52-0
Sept. 17 at Washington (ABC) L, 28-39
Sept. 24 MINNESOTA (BTN) L, 7-34
Oct. 1 at Maryland (FS1) L, 13-27
Oct. 8 No. 3/3 OHIO STATE (ABC) L, 20-49
Oct. 15 WISCONSIN (HC) (FOX) W, 34-28 (2OT)
Oct. 29 at No. 4/4 Michigan (ABC) L, 7-29
Nov. 5 at No. 14/13/16 Illinois (BTN) W, 23-15
Nov. 12 RUTGERS (BTN) W, 27-21
2022 STATISTICAL LEADERS
Rushing – R-So. Jalen Berger (120 carries for 550 yards, 4.6 avg., 6 TDs, 55.0 ypg)
Passing – R-Jr. Payton Thorne (191-of-302, .632, 2,152 yards, 16 TDs, 9 INTs, 215.2 ypg)
Receiving – Gr.-5 Jayden Reed (45 catches for 548 yards, 12.2 avg., 5 TDs, 60.9 ypg)
Tackles – R-So. LB Cal Haladay (99 tackles; 32 solo, 67 assists; 8.5 TFLs, 1.5 sacks, 1 FR, 1 FF)
There was a time early in the season, with MSU on a 4-game losing streak, when this game appeared to be one Indiana could steal on the road.
But the Spartans have steadied a bit, and the Hoosiers remain in a freefall.
TDH: MICHIGAN STATE 27 INDIANA 13
ESPN SP+ (Computer) Michigan State 37 Indiana 23
ESPN FPI (Computer) Indiana has a 16 percent chance to win
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”