The Hoosiers have had two weeks to process a crushing loss at Maryland, but the task will only be more difficult on Saturday.
Awaiting Indiana coming out of the bye week is one of college football’s best teams, at one of the most challenging venues in the country.
In front of a national television audience and more than 100,00 hostile fans, Indiana will try to get right at the Big House against No. 2 Michigan.
Here’s everything you need to know about IU’s week seven matchup against the Wolverines.
INDIANA (2-3) at No. 2 MICHIGAN (6-0)
- Kickoff: Noon Eastern, Saturday
- Location: Michigan Stadium (107,601), Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Television: FOX — Gus Johnson (pbp), Joel Klatt (analyst), Jenny Taft (sideline)
- Stream: Fox Sports
- Radio: IU Football radio network
- Odds: Michigan is a 33-point favorite
- Weather at kickoff: 62 degrees, showers/cloudy, wind 6 mph, 36% chance of precipitation
- Series: Michigan leads 61-10
- The Coaches:
- Tom Allen is in his seventh year as the head coach at IU. He holds a 32-43 record.
- Jim Harbaugh is 135-52 overall in 16 seasons, and 77-25 in his ninth year at Michigan
Belief is a habit of the mind. pic.twitter.com/jSw2deL2YW
— Indiana Football (@IndianaFootball) October 13, 2023
IU Football Week Seven Coverage:
- Watch: Declan McMahon tells the IU football WWE takeaway belt origin story
- Watch: IU football offensive lineman Matt Bedford talks Rod Carey, Michigan, and more
- Watch: IU football coach Tom Allen with final Thursday thoughts on Michigan, new OC
- Radio Show: Tom Allen previews Michigan with Don Fischer
- Winning at the Big House has been a big challenge for IU football
- Where IU football’s Tom Allen ranks in head coach salaries for 2023
- IU football notebook: Schedule adjustments, defensive issues
- Watch: IU football coach Tom Allen Monday Q&A — Michigan week
- Tom Allen confirms Tayven Jackson is still the starting QB, Camper and Williams progressing
TALE OF THE TAPE
THE COMPLETE BIG TEN WEEK SEVEN SLATE
|Madison, WI (Conf.)||Stats Video|
|Piscataway, N.J. (Conf.)||TV: Big Ten Network Stats Radio: WFAN 660-AM/101.9-FM, FOX Sports New Jersey 93.5-FM/1450-AM, SiriusXM 113 or 195, SXM app, Audacy app, Scarlet Knights app Video|
|West Lafayette, Ind. (Conf.)||TV: Peacock Stats Radio: WAZY (96.5 FM)|
|Ann Arbor, Mich. (Conf.)||TV: Fox Stats Radio: Indiana Sports Radio Network Video|
|College Park, Md. (Conf.)||TV: NBC Stats Radio: Maryland Sports Radio Network Audio Video|
|University Park, Pa.||TV: Big Ten Network Stats Radio: Penn State Sports Network|
- vs. East Carolina W 30-3
- vs. UNLV W 35-7
- vs. Bowling Green W 31-6
- vs. Rutgers W 31-7
- @ Nebraska W 45-7
- @ Minnesota W 52-10
• U-M is 6-0 for three straight seasons for the first time since 1972- 74; won the first 10 games in each of those seasons.
• The Wolverines have won 31 of their last 34 games, including 18 straight Big Ten games which is one shy of the school record (1990-92).
• U-M has won 22 consecutive regular season games, tied for the seventh-longest streak in conference history.
• The U-M defense ranks top 12 nationally in eight statistical categories.
• Michigan’s offense has scored 30 or more points in each of its past nine games going back to 2022. That is the longest streak in program history.
• The Wolverines defense has yet to have an opponent take a snap inside their 10-yard line. The defense has allowed just four touchdowns all season while scoring three of their own.
• Michigan is just the second team in the AP poll era to score 30 or more points and allow 10 or fewer points in each of its first six games.
• Blake Corum has an FBS-leading 10 rushing touchdowns.
2023 STATISTICAL LEADERS
Passing — J.J. McCarthy: 97-of-125, 1,305, 11 TD/3 INT
Rushing — Blake Corum: 83 for 495 yds, 10 TD
Receiving — Roman Wilson: 22 for 382 yds, 8 TD
Tackles — Junior Colson: 27 tackles, 2.0 TFL
Sacks — Josaiah Stewart: 3.0
Interceptions — Mike Sainristil: 2
Indiana has a new offensive coordinator, but the Hoosiers haven’t seen a defense quite like this. IU will likely try to manage the game to keep it close, and the weather might provide an assist if the rain persists. Nothing will make much of a difference, however, as the Wolverines are the better team across the board.
TDH PREDICTION: MICHIGAN 41 INDIANA 10
ESPN SP+ (Computer) Michigan 44 Indiana 7
ESPN FPI (Computer): Indiana has a 3.5 percent chance to win