The Nike EYBL circuit was in Atlanta over the weekend, with several Indiana class of 2019 targets in action. Take a look at the news and notes that emerged from the weekend related to the players that the Hoosiers are the most closely connected.
(Click on each player’s name for all of our coverage including videos, stats and more)
- While widely viewed as headed to Indiana, he continues to say in interviews that he is going through the process and will take multiple visits. It appears that it will at least be a couple months before he announces anything beyond possible list cuts.
- He is showing a knack for making clutch shots. For the second EYBL session in a row he hit a game winner.
- He indicated over the weekend that Georgia was contacting him. This should come as no surprise as Tom Crean likely had relationships here prior to being fired.
- There was a lot of commentary over the weekend of an evolving game.
- We covered his interview over the weekend where he discusses Kentucky’s strong interest, as well as a likely Hoosier Hysteria visit this fall.
- Brooks averaged 26 points per game over the weekend and was widely regarded as one of the best players once again.
- If you haven’t watched video of Lewis yet, he is one to watch for sure. He brings defense, speed, and especially a level of intensity that Indiana was sorely lacking last year. Click on his name to see our coverage. The story that discusses Indiana offering him includes video.
- Based on this interview, he is also a high character guy as well.
- Lewis is one of the rising stars on the circuit and is starting to get interest from the blue bloods.
- You can see a fun side of him in this interview.
- Here is a profile and interview that emerged over the weekend.
- Several outlets highlighted his rebounding prowess.
- You can watch an interview with him over the weekend here, where he discusses cutting his list down.
- At least one report indicated that he may not be as focused on Duke as originally thought.
- He didn’t officially trim his list down to three, but Mann did indicate over the weekend that Kansas, Florida and Tennessee are his top three right now. Not looking promising for IU.
- Lecque is still evaluating whether to reclassify into 2018.
- Indiana still has not offered Franklin.
- He visited Ohio State last week.
- Various reports have him taking unofficial visits to Indiana, Louisville and Purdue soon.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier