NFL rosters are required to be cut down to 53 players on Tuesday afternoon.
17 former IU football players were competing to make teams at training camps around the country.
Below is a summary where things stand for former Hoosiers in the NFL.
This will be updated.
MADE THE TEAM:
- Cam Jones, LB — Made the Kansas City Chiefs’ 53-man roster
- Ian Thomas, TE — Made the Carolina Panthers’ 53-man roster
- Caleb Jones, OT — Made the Green Bay Packers’ 53-man roster
- Raheem Layne, DB — Made the LA Chargers’ 53-man roster
- Micah McFadden, LB — Made the New York Giants’ 53-man roster
- Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, WR — Made the Tennessee Titans’ 53-man roster
- Peyton Hendershot, TE — Made the Dallas Cowboys’ 53-man roster
- Dan Feeney, OL — Traded to Chicago Bears and expected to make 53-man roster
The following players are now free agents and could sign on practice squads:
- Wes Martin, OL — Waived by the Cleveland Browns
- Tiawan Mullen, CB — Waived by the LA Chargers
- Jaylin Williams, CB — Waived by the Minnesota Vikings
- Ryder Anderson, DE — Waived by the New York Giants
- Marcelino McCrary-Ball, LB — Waived by the San Francisco 49ers
- Luke Haggard, OT — Waived by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Ty Fryfogle, WR — Waived by the Kansas City Chiefs
- Stevie Scott, RB — Waived by the Arizona Cardinals
- Nate Sudfeld, QB — Detroit Lions injured reserve.
Note: Veterans Rodger Saffold, Tevin Coleman and Jordan Howard played in the NFL in 2022 but are not currently on a roster.
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
- Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
- You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
- Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no cost to you.