Saturday was cut day in the NFL as teams reduced rosters to their opening day 53-man squads. Nine former Indiana University stars will be on the field when the season kicks off next week.
- Nate Sudfeld will be a quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Tevin Coleman will be a running back for the Atlanta Falcons.
- Jordan Howard will be a running back for the Chicago Bears.
- Cody Latimer will be a wide receiver for the New York Giants.
- Ian Thomas will be a tight end for the Carolina Panthers.
- Dan Feeney will be a guard for the Los Angeles Chargers.
- Rodger Saffold will be a tackle for the Los Angeles Rams.
- Jason Spriggs will be a tackle for the Green Bay Packers.
- Chris Covington will be a linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys.
Coleman and Sudfeld will face off when the NFL season opens this Thursday in Philadelphia.
Covington was the closest call here, as all of the others were seemingly locks to make rosters. The Cowboys decided to keep seven linebackers on their roster which created the opportunity for the former Hoosier.
Unfortunately, it wasn’t all good news.
Enjoyed all 3 years of it. Thanks for the memories @Jaguars
— Shane Wynn (@SHANEWYNN4) September 1, 2018
Trust The Process??
— Tegray Scales?? (@Tegray_Scales8) August 31, 2018
Former all-Big Ten linebacker Tegray Scales appeared to be in a good position with the Rams earlier in the week, but he saw limited action in the final preseason game and was let go on on Friday. He seems to be one of the more likely players to make a practice squad unless there is an injury involved or other concerns.
The following former IU players were cut, and could end up on practice squads.
- Shane Wynn
- Tegray Scales
- Simmie Cobbs
- Robert McCray
- Rashard Fant
- Michael Hunter
PRACTICE SQUAD UPDATES
- Robert McCray made the Chiefs practice squad
- Simmie Cobbs made the Redskins practice squad
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier