Indiana class of 2022 signee Jalen Hood-Schifino will become the 12th future Hoosier to be involved in the Jordan Brand Classic, which will play its first game since before the pandemic in 2019. The game will be played in Chicago on Friday, April 15 at 8 p.m. Eastern.
The game will be streamed live and can be watched on YouTube below.
The native of Pittsburgh is the highest rated incoming recruit in the Big Ten at No. 21 (247 Sports), and he just led his Monteverde (Fla.) Academy team to its sixth GEICO High School national championship.
Joining Hood-Schifino at the Jordan Brand Classic will be his Montverde teammate and IU class of 2022 recruiting target Malik Reneau. Indiana expects Reneau to take an official visit this month.
Of 11 previous IU players to participate in the game, all either played in the NBA or signed with NBA teams in the Summer League and three players became collegiate All-Americans.
Eric Gordon (Houston), Thomas Bryant (Washington) and Romeo Langford (San Antonio) were active in the league this past season. Trayce Jackson-Davis and Tamar Bates both played for the Hoosiers this season. Bates was named to the team in 2021, but there was no game due to the pandemic.
The Classic began in 2002. James Blackmon Jr. has the top scoring mark for any Hoosier who played in the event with 23 points. Robert Vaden had 21. Future teammates Noah Vonleh and Troy Williams played together in the event in 2013, and Vaden and D.J. White both played in 2004.
Hoosiers in The Jordan Brand Classic
- Jalen Hood-Schifino, 2022
- Tamar Bates, 2021
- Trayce Jackson-Davis, 2019, 2021 All-American
- Romeo Langford, 2018, San Antonio Spurs+
- Thomas Bryant, 2015, Washington Wizards+
- James Blackmon, Jr., 2014, Philadelphia 76ers
- Noah Vonleh, 2013, Brooklyn Nets
- Troy Williams, 2013, New York Knicks
- Eric Gordon, 2007, Houston Rockets, 2008 All-American+
- Robert Vaden, 2004, Oklahoma City Thunder
- D.J. White, 2004, Oklahoma City Thunder, 2008 All-American
- Bracey Wright, 2002, Minnesota Timberwolves
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
- Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
- You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
- Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no cost to you.