Indiana’s toughest test of the season comes during the first week when they can no longer afford a loss.
While Ohio State has its sights set on a national title, Indiana sees bowl eligibility quickly fading in the rear view mirror.
It’s the Hoosiers and Buckeyes in Columbus, as IU attempts to snap a six-game losing streak against incredibly long odds.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Hoosiers’ week ten matchup.
INDIANA (3-6, 1-5) at No. 2 OHIO STATE (9-0, 6-0)
- Kickoff: Noon Eastern, Saturday
- Location: Columbus, Ohio, Ohio Stadium (102,780; field turf)
- Television: FOX — Gus Johnson (pbp), Joel Klatt (analyst), Jenny Taft (sideline)
- Stream: Fox Sports
- Radio: IU Football radio network
- Odds: Ohio State is an 40-point favorite
- Weather at kickoff: 38 degrees, rain/snow, wind 7 mph, 58% chance of precipitation.
- Series: Ohio State leads 78-12-5 (OSU won 54-7 in 2021)
- The Coaches:
Tom Allen is in his sixth year as the head coach at IU. He holds a 29-38 record.
Ryan Day is 43-4 in his fifth season at Ohio State.
The Daily Hoosier’s Week Ten Coverage:
Linebacker Cam Jones is still out with a foot injury.
Offensive tackle Matthew Bedford, quarterback Jack Tuttle and wide receiver Cam Camper are out for the season.
TALE OF THE TAPE
THE COMPLETE BIG TEN WEEK NINE SLATE
|East Lansing, MI (Conf.)||TV: Big Ten Network Stats Radio: Spartan Media Network Video|
|Champaign, Ill. (Conf.)||TV: ESPN2 Stats Radio: WAZY (96.5 FM)|
|Columbus, Ohio (Conf.)||TV: FOX Stats Radio: IU Radio Network|
|Huntington Bank Stadium (Conf.)||TV: BTN Stats Radio: KFAN 100.3 FM Video|
|Iowa City, IA (Conf.)||TV: FS1 Stats|
|University Park, Pa. (Conf.)||TV: FOX Stats Radio: Penn State Sports Network Video|
|Ann Arbor, Mich. (Conf.)||TV: ABC Stats Video|
OHIO STATE RESULTS AND LEADERS
- Notre Dame W, 21-10
- Arkansas State W, 45-12
- Toledo W, 77-21
- Wisconsin W, 52-21
- Rutgers W, 49-10
- Michigan State W, 49-20
- Iowa W, 54-10
- Penn State W, 44-31
- Northwestern W, 21-7
2022 STATISTICAL LEADERS
- Passing C.J. Stroud: 169-of-249, 2,453 yds, 29 TD/4 INT
- Miyan Williams: 102 for 636 yds, 12 TD
- TreVeyon Henderson: 96 for 552 yds, 6 TD
- Marvin Harrison Jr: 53 for 834 yds, 10 TD
- Emeka Egbuka: 49 for 794 yds, 7 TD
- Julian Fleming: 20 for 361 yds, 6 TD
- Tommy Eichenberg, LB: 85 tkls, 8.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks
- J.T. Tuimoloau, DE: 19 tkls, 7.5 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 2 INT
- Lathan Ransom, S: 45 tkls, 1.0 TFL, 1 INT, 1 FF
- Mike Hall Jr., DT: 4.5
- Javontae Jean-Baptiste, DE: 3.5
- Interceptions Tanner McCalister, S: 3
- Scoring Noah Ruggles, K: 82 pts
It is impossible to imagine two Big Ten programs on more polar opposite trajectories than Indiana and Ohio State right now.
And it is impossible to imagine an IU win on Saturday.
TDH: OHIO STATE 52 INDIANA 10
ESPN SP+ (Computer) Ohio State 49 Indiana 8
ESPN FPI (Computer) Indiana has a 1.6 percent chance to win
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
- Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
- You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
- Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no cost to you.