Class of 2024 guard Jaeden Mustaf is down to five schools, he said on Saturday.
Mustaf made the announcement on his Twitter page.
— jaeden mustaf (jaee) (@1tjaee) April 1, 2023
The 6-foot-6 Washington D.C. metro area product who plays at Carmel Christian in North Carolina included IU in his group of finalists, along with Florida State, Miami, N.C. State and Virginia Tech
After announcing his final five, Mustaf told On3’s Joe Tipton what he likes about Indiana.
“I think I would fit right in there. Great basketball fans and blue blood school. Great relationship with coaches, they keep in contact with me a lot and I could really see myself being successful there.”
Indiana offered Mustaf last summer. IU assistant coach Kenya Hunter is leading the charge on this recruitment.
Mustaf could end up following in the footsteps of Jalen Hood-Schifino, a big guard who can use ball screens to turn the corner and get to the paint. According to his MaxPreps page, Mustaf averaged 15.9 points, 5.8 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.8 steals per game as a junior. He shot 49 percent from the field overall, 28 percent from three (87 attempts in 32 games), and 77 percent at the free throw line.
Best thought of as a combo guard, Mustaf is a 4-star and ranked the No. 43 player in the 2024 class according to the On3 Consensus. He was the MVP of the Adidas 3SSB championships last summer despite playing up a year for New World AAU.
To this point Mustaf has only taken an official visit to Florida State. Obviously an Indiana official visit will be an important milestone if it happens.
Mustaf’s father, 6-foot-10 Jerrod Mustaf, played at Maryland and was a first-round NBA draft pick in 1990.
Indiana does not currently have any 2024 commits. For a complete recap of their main 2024 targets with links to the latest on their recruitments, GO HERE.
Here are some highlights of Mustaf from both his junior high school season and last summer.
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
- Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
- You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
- Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no cost to you.