Indiana’s 2020-21 season opening opponent is known if college basketball returns on schedule.
According to public records obtained by D1 Docket, the Hoosiers will tip things off against New Jersey Institute of Technology on Nov. 10 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in Bloomington.
Hailing from Newark, N.J., the Highlanders finished the 2019-20 campaign with a 9-21 mark and they were the No. 296 team in the country according to Ken Pom.
NJIT head coach Brian Kennedy is entering his fifth season with the program.
Competing in the Atlantic Sun Conference, NJIT has been a Division One program since 2006.
Under head coach Archie Miller, Indiana has opened each of his four seasons at home against low to mid-major competition (Indiana State, Chicago State, Western Illinois and now NJIT).
NJIT upset No. 17 Michigan in Ann Arbor in 2014.
Here is what we now know about Indiana’s 2020-21 schedule:
PROJECTED 2020-21 IU BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
This is a rough sketch of how the 2020-21 schedule should look.
- Nov. 10 – vs. NJIT (home)
- Nov. 13/14 – TBD 1 (home)
- Nov. 16/17/18/19 – Gavitt (location unknown)
- Nov. 23-25 – Maui (three games)
- Nov. 30/Dec. 1/2 – Big Ten/ACC (road)
- Dec. 4/5/6 – Big Ten 1 (1 home/ 1 road)
- Dec. 8/9/10 – Big Ten 2 (1 home/ 1 road)
- Dec. 12 – vs. TBD 2 (home)
- Dec. 19 – vs. Butler (Indianapolis)
- Dec. 22 – vs. Nebraska-Omaha (home)
- Dec. 29 – vs. Robert Morris (home)
- Jan. – Mar. – Big Ten games 3-20
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier