PARADISE ISLAND, The Bahamas –
Follow along for updates on the action as IU basketball plays BC Mega in game two Sunday at the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. Share your thoughts in the comments below. Updates will appear at the top of the page.
– 64-53 final as IU completes the sweep.
– IU pulling away late, up 62-45 with 1:29 left.
– IU up 58-45 with 3:25 left, the final media timeout.
– Eric Gordon is here watching the game.
– Tamar Bates with a three and IU is up 56-42 with 4:52 left. Hoosiers look like they can get the sweep.
– Mega had it down to 48-41, but Jordan Geronimo hits a big 3-pointer to extend it back to 51-41 with 7:37 left. We wrote about him this morning. He looks very confident from deep, credits Woodson for that confidence.
– Mega shooting just 27 percent with 11:38 left and IU up 46-36.
– Trey Galloway checks in and immediately draws a charge. 44-34 IU, under 13 minutes.
– Indiana started the first 6 plus minutes with their best five available scoring options after the first half struggles. Jackson-Davis, Bates, Thompson, Johnson and Stewart.
– 42-34 IU with 15 minutes left. Xavier Johnson with a three in that segment.
– Race Thompson 8 rebounds in 9 first half minutes is obviously highly impressive.
– Xavier Johnson was my standout player of the first half. 8 points, 4 assists, 0 turnovers, 4 fouls drawn, +/- of +17. Basically, BC Mega can’t stay in front of him. The stagnation on offense really happened when Phinisee was in the game for Johnson. He wasn’t looking to attack as much as he did Friday.
– Jordan Geronimo with an offensive rebound and put back at the halftime buzzer gives IU the 37-30 lead going into the locker rooms.
– The offense really stagnated without Kopp and Johnson. It is 26-25 IU with 3:57 left.
– Tamar Bates. He is just such a fluid, confident athlete. Fans are going to love him. He strokes a long two off the dribble to give IU a 23-18 lead with 7:33 left.
– It is 21-18 IU with 8:28 left.
– Kopp is up on his feet with the team during the timeout huddle. He has his right shoe off and a bag of ice on his ankle. Would not expect him to return based on that sight. It is 18-11 IU with under 11 minutes to go.
– Xavier Johnson was really special in his early minutes attacking the rim and setting up shooters.
– Indiana up 12-2, and a Jackson-Davis jump hook forced a timeout. Five different players have scored for IU.
– Miller Kopp limped back to the locker room with an injury. Not clear if it was ankle or knee.
– Race Thompson hit a 3-pointer on IU’s first possession. Kopp follows with a transition 3. It is 6-0 IU.
– Last minute wardrobe change means no Leal or Duncomb today.
– Same starting five. Jackson-Davis, Thompson, Stewart, Kopp, Johnson.
– Duncomb and Leal continue to warm-up unrestricted like they will play.
– Tip-time is 1 p.m. Eastern. You can follow Sunday’s game on FIBA live stats here.
– Little bit of a change today, Anthony Leal and Logan Duncomb are in uniform. Not clear if they will play.
– If you have anything specific you want me to watch for let me know in the comments.
– Rather than shooting video (which I expect IU to do once again), I am going to be more focused here and on Twitter during this game. If you want to see my highlights from Friday as a warm-up, here you go:
(This thread will be updated throughout the pre-game and during the game. Refresh for the updates).
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no additional cost to you.