There’s no let up in this Big Ten grind for Indiana.
Next up are the Penn State Nittany Lions, coming off their first loss of the season and intent on remaining in the College Football Playoff hunt.
Meanwhile the Hoosiers are looking for their first Big Ten and road wins of the 2023 campaign.
Here’s everything you need to know for Indiana’s eighth game of the season.
INDIANA (2-5) at No. 10 PENN STATE (6-1)
- Kickoff: Noon Eastern, Saturday
- Location: University Park, Pa., Beaver Stadium (106,572; natural grass)
- Television: CBS — Tom McCarthy (pbp), Jason McCourty (analyst), Tiffany Blackmon (sideline)
- Stream: CBS Sports
- Radio: IU Football radio network
- Odds: Penn State is a 31-point favorite
- Weather at kickoff: 69 degrees, cloudy, wind 9 mph, 18% chance of precipitation.
- Series: Penn State leads 24-2
- Injury reports
- The Coaches:
- Tom Allen is in his seventh year as the head coach at IU. He holds a 32-45 record.
- James Franklin is 84-37 (.694) at Penn State and 108-52 (.675) overall.
Everything you’ve got. Every second. pic.twitter.com/Al8rCE61re
— Indiana Football (@IndianaFootball) October 28, 2023
IU Football Week Nine Coverage:
- With another tough matchup ahead, Tom Allen is once again looking for resiliency
- Watch: Tom Allen with final Thursday thoughts on Penn State
- Radio Show: Tom Allen previews Penn State with Don Fischer
- Watch: Q&A with IU football’s Ferrell, Howland, Mangum-Farrar and Katic
- Watch: IU football coordinators Guerrieri and Carey — Penn State week
- Trent Howland is earning opportunities for IU football by using his size
- Watch: Tom Allen Monday media Q&A — Penn State week
- Tom Allen provides updates on two injured starters in secondary
- Staying with Sorsby: Tom Allen says there will be no change at QB1 vs. Penn State
TALE OF THE TAPE
THE COMPLETE BIG TEN WEEK NINE SLATE
|Evanston, IL (Conf.)||TV: Big Ten Network Stats Radio: WGN Radio 720 Audio Video|
|University Park, PA (Conf.)||TV: CBS Stats Radio: Penn State Sports Network|
|Lincoln, Neb. (Conf.)||TV: FS1 Stats Radio: WAZY (96.5 FM)|
|Huntington Bank Stadium (Conf.)||TV: BTN Stats Radio: Spartan Media Network Video|
|Madison, WI (Conf.)||TV: NBC Stats Radio: Badger Sports Network Video|
PENN STATE RESULTS
|9/2/2023||West Virginia||University Park, Pa.||W 38-15|
|9/9/2023||Delaware||University Park, Pa.||W 63-7|
|9/16/2023||at Illinois||Champaign, Ill.||W 30-13|
|9/23/2023||Iowa||University Park, Pa.||W 31-0|
|9/30/2023||at Northwestern||Evanston, IL||W 41-13|
|10/14/2023||UMass||University Park, Pa.||W 63-0|
|10/21/2023||at Ohio State||Columbus, Ohio||L 12-20|
PENN STATE LEADERS
Passing — Drew Allar 136-of-223, 1,445 yds, 13 TD
Rushing — Nicolas Singleton 98 for 410 yds, 6 TD, Kaytron Allen: 87 for 401 yds, 3 TD
Receiving — KeAndre Lambert-Smith 37 for 454 yds, 3 TD, Theo Johnson 18 for 206 yds, 2 TD, Tyler Warren 17 for 140 yds, 5 TD
Tackles — Curtis Jacobs 23 tkls, 0.5 TFL, 1 INT, 2 PBU, Kobe King 22 tkls, 4.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 1 FR, Daequan Hardy 11 tkls, 1.5 TFL, 2 INT, 6 PBU
Sacks — Adisa Isaac 5.5
PENN STATE NOTES
- The teams for the 27th time. They are meeting for the 17th consecutive year, playing each season since 2007. Penn State holds a 24-2 lead in the series, including wins in eight of the last nine matchups. The Nittany Lions are 12-0 against Indiana in Happy Valley. In 2022, Penn State earned a 45-14 win in Bloomington. Kaytron Allen scored on three rushing touchdowns, while the Penn State defense tallied 16 tackles for loss, six sacks and three interceptions.
- Last week Penn State held Ohio State to 79 yards rushing, marking the sixth-straight opponent the Nittany Lions have held under 100 rushing yards in 2023. Over those six games, Penn State is allowing just 2.02 yards per carry. Since the start of the 2022 season, Penn State has held 15 opponents under 100 yards, tied second in the nation, and since 2014, the Nittany Lions have limited opponents to less than 100 rushing yards on 54 occasions.
- Penn State has not allowed a first-drive touchdown in the last 21 games, dating back to the Michigan State game in 2021.
- Penn State has not given up any points in 11 consecutive quarters at home since allowing a first quarter touchdown to Delaware in the second home game of the season.
- Penn State has a streak of 16-straight games with at least five tackles for loss. It is the second-longest streak in FBS behind James Madison’s 17-game string.
- Penn State has not allowed a special teams touchdown in 55-straight games, dating back to the start of the 2019 season.
- The loss to Ohio State ended a streak off 11-straight wins, each by a 14-point margin.
Indiana has never won at Penn State. Saturday won’t be the first time.
TDH PREDICTION: PENN STATE 42 INDIANA 10
ESPN SP+ (Computer) Penn State 39 Indiana 9
ESPN FPI (Computer): Penn State has a 98.2 percent chance to win