PARADISE ISLAND, The Bahamas – Indiana defeated BC Mega 64-53 in the Bahamas to complete the two game sweep of their foreign tour.
Xavier Johnson led the way with 13 points and 7 assists for the Hoosiers. Trayce Jackson-Davis and Tamar Bates added 11 apiece. Race Thompson had a team high 13 rebounds.
The Hoosiers turned in another strong defensive effort, holding BC Mega to 32 percent shooting on the afternoon.
Here are some more game notes, courtesy of IU Athletics.
• Indiana head coach Mike Woodson kept with the starting lineup from the first game of the Summer Tour with senior guard Xavier Johnson, redshirt senior guard Parker Stewart, senior forward Miller Kopp, junior forward Trayce Jackson-Davis and redshirt senior forward Race Thompson.
• Johnson was the first of four Hoosiers to hit double figures in the scoring column. The Pitt transfer finished with 13 points and a team-high seven assists. He added three rebounds and a steal in 21 minutes. The Woodbridge, Va., native posted a team best plus/minus of +23 in the contest. Johnson averaged 8.5 points and 5.0 assists in two starts over the weekend.
• Jackson-Davis posted a double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds, including three on the offensive end of the floor. He charted a block and a pair of steals in 32 minutes. TJD led the way for the Hoosiers all weekend and averaged 16.0 points and 10.0 rebounds in the two contests.
• Thompson scooped up a team-best 13 rebounds and tallied 10 points. He knocked down all three of the free throw attempts and came away with two steals in 28 minutes. The Plymouth, Minn., native contributed 9.0 points and 9.0 rebounds per games in the two games against BC Mega.
• Sophomore forward Jordan Geronimo was huge for the Hoosiers off the bench. The Newark, N.J., native scored seven points and added seven rebounds, the highest rebounding figure among all bench players. Geronimo also registered a block and a steal in 16 minutes. He helped the Hoosiers control the boards all weekend and averaged 8.5 rebounds per game against the Serbian pro team.
• Freshman guard Tamar Bates paced all bench scorers with nine points on 3-of-7 shooting from the floor. He also recorded six rebounds and a steal in 27 minutes of run. The IMG Academy produced 11.5 points per game in the two games over the weekend, the second-highest figure of all Hoosiers.
• Rob Phinisee and Johnson combined for 13 assists and just one turnover in the victory and 19 assists to only seven turnovers for the weekend.
• The Hoosiers committed just five turnovers in a game they controlled from the opening tip. IU held the lead for 39:40 of the 40 minutes played.
• BC Mega shot 17-of-53 (32.1%) from the floor, 8-of-29 (27.6%) from the 3-point line and 11-of-20 (55.5%) from the free throw line in a losing effort. The team also turned the ball over 12 times for eight IU points.
• For the second-straight contest, Indiana outrebounded the professional Serbian team by a tally of 47-41. IU also held advantages in points in the paint (24-14) and second chance points (5-2).
• Indiana was +11 in the two games combined in the rebounding department and had 22 less turnovers (11.0 per game) than Mega.
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no additional cost to you.