In light of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Indiana University has made several adjustments to upcoming events, including banning all attendance at sporting events through the end of the 2019-20 season.
The school also canceled its 2020 spring football game that was scheduled for April 17.
Below is the full release from IU Athletics.
Bloomington, Indiana – In accordance with yesterday’s Big Ten Conference directive, effective immediately, attendance at all Indiana University home athletic events will be limited to essential personnel through the end of the 2019-20 season.
1. Essential personnel includes student-athletes, coaches, event staff, essential team and conference staff, TV network partners, credentialed media, and immediate family members of the participating teams.
2. Big Ten Men’s Basketball Tournament – If you purchased tickets through the IU Ticket Office to the 2020 Big Ten Men’s Basketball Tournament, refunds will automatically be processed to the method of payment used in the original transaction.
3. Indiana University Baseball – If you purchased IU Baseball season tickets or single-game tickets beginning with tomorrow’s game against Memphis, refunds will automatically be processed to the method of payment used in the original transaction.
4. Indiana University Football Spring Game – The Cream and Crimson Game, previously scheduled for April 17, has been cancelled.
5. Attendance at Indiana University winter and spring sports – These restrictions will be in place for the remainder of Indiana University’s men’s basketball, women’s basketball, men’s and women’s track and field, men’s and women’s tennis, baseball, softball, water polo, men’s and women’s golf, men’s and women’s swimming and diving competition seasons.
IU Athletics will continue to work with the Big Ten Conference, the NCAA, the Indiana University Athletics Medical Advisory Group and campus partners in monitoring and responding to the coronavirus situation. Our top priority remains the health, safety and security of our students, coaches, staff and fans, and that will guide our decision-making process moving forward.
Big Ten Conference Statement – https://bigten.org/news/2020/3/11/mens-basketball-big-ten-conference-statement.aspx
Indiana University Coronavirus Page – coronavirus.iu.edu
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Coronavirus page – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html