The first segment of the July NCAA live evaluation period continues through Sunday. Along with the highly publicized Nike EYBL Peach Jam, action also continues with the Adidas Gauntlet, the Peach Invitational, and Under Armour events.
Here are some of the highlights from yesterday as it relates to IU class of 2019 targets:
- Brandon Newman absolutely exploded yesterday with a 29 point, 4 rebound and 2 block game. He shot 10-17 from the field and 5-10 from distance.
- It wasn’t the best week for the Indy Heat but Trayce-Jackson Davis went out with a bang — literally — with 11 dunks against one of the top players in the country in Vernon Carey. He had 26 points in the game.
2019 Trayce Jackson-Davis (Indy Heat) was not gonna let his team leave #PeachJam 🍑without an impressive win.
He had 11 dunks(!!!) against a strong Nike Team Florida (2019 No. 2 Vernon Carey, 2020 No. 4 Scottie Barnes).
— AAU Basketball Coverage (@aau_bball) July 14, 2018
- Armaan Franklin continues to show big progress at the Peach Jam. He went for 17 points and 8 rebounds in game one on Friday, and 17 points, 6 assists and 5 rebounds in game two. The Indianapolis combo guard also showed strong defensive skills based on multiple accounts.
- Class of 2020 Ethan Morton, who is playing up a year on the Nike EYBL, had a big game yesterday for New York Renaissance with 15 points, 7 assists, 2 rebounds and 2 steals. He’s likely to be a force by this time next year.
- Texas guard Jahmius Ramsey had another 20 point game on Friday, with 20 points, 4 rebounds and 2 steals. He has continued to demonstrate that he is more than just an athlete and has the potential to be a high level scorer in college.
- Georgia Stars guard Kira Lewis had 21 points in both games yesterday at the Peach Invitational.
- Matthew Hurt was dominant in game two on Friday night at the Adidas Gauntlet with 19 points and 10 rebounds. You can see highlights here. They include fellow IU target Zeke Nnaji and former IU target and Stanford commit Tyrell Terry.
- Keion Brooks, Jr. and Trayce Jackson-Davis’ Indy Heat team have been eliminated from the Peach Jam and their AAU careers are over. Same for Brandon Newman and Armaan Franklin of the MeanStreets.
- The only primary IU targets continuing in action at the Peach Jam are Anthony Harris (Team Takeover) and Isaiah Stewart (City Rocks). Stewart had two more big games yesterday. Those teams play today.
- You can watch the action from the Nike and Adidas circuits here:
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier