Archie Miller gave a brief press conference with the media coming off of a holiday break and looking forward to Youngstown State and Big Ten play. Highlights of his comments and the full video are below:
- The team came back fresh coming out of the break.
- It was good to get in multiple practices. Anticipates a lot less practice time once the Big Ten grind begins.
- Most of practice time was spent on self-improvement rather than Youngstown State/Wisconsin.
- Looking to push the staff and players to compete and be driven and goal oriented.
- Justin Smith and Al Durham were highlighted as having a renewed spirit after the break.
- Provided views on what the 20 conference game schedule means next year.
- Foremost goal for the team is to be a much improved team defensively; to be much improved offensively in terms of execution and taking care of the ball. The goal is to be playing at their best towards the end of the season.
- The team is generally healthy right now.
- Devonte Green and Josh Newkirk were highlighted as having responded positively to the Fort Wayne game.
- Juwan Morgan and De’Ron Davis were highlighted as needing to never being satisfied and finding an even higher level than where they are now.
Posted by IU Basketball on Thursday, December 28, 2017
(Video courtesy of IU athletics)