Indiana University men’s basketball coach Archie Miller gave a Monday afternoon press conference to provide an update on the team and preview this week’s season opening games against Chicago State and Montana State.
Notable remarks from Miller included:
- Junior guard Devonte Green has returned to practice and should be ready to play against Chicago State.
- Freshman Race Thompson and sophomore Al Durham are not likely to be available this week.
- Freshman wing Jerome Hunter is not likely to play either.
- The number of injuries have been enough to negatively impact practice. None of them sound like they are long term however.
- Miller referred to Rob Phinisee is “well ahead of” any freshman point guard that he has been around.
- Freshman Damezi Anderson should see action this week, especially as Hunter comes back from his injuries.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
Want to receive all of our content via one e-mail in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
Please consider supporting The Daily Hoosier by shopping on Amazon via this link to the Amazon home page or through the ad below.