Indiana’s streak of nine straight years with a player being selected in the NFL Draft came to an end in 2023. The Hoosiers had at least one player selected every year from 2014-2022.
But several former Hoosiers have signed undrafted free agent deals.
– Cornerback Tiawan Mullen has signed with the Los Angeles Chargers. The former All-American will join fellow former IU defensive back Raheem Layne there.
– Safety Devon Matthews has signed with the Denver Broncos. Matthews was IU’s Most Outstanding Defensive Player of the Year in 2021. He played in 52 games and had 217 tackles and four interceptions in five seasons.
– Linebacker Cam Jones has signed with the Kansas City Chiefs. A report by Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network indicates Jones got a $15,000 signing bonus and $135,000 base salary guarantee.
– Cornerback Jaylin Williams has signed with the Minnesota Vikings. Williams played in 54 games with IU and had six career interceptions. He was second team All-Big Ten in 2020.
– Offensive tackle Luke Haggard has signed with Tampa. Haggard appeared in 28 games in three seasons at IU, with 26 starts.
– Defensive tackle Demarcus Elliott signed with the Kansas City Chiefs. He started 42 of 44 career games at IU after transferring from Garden City (Kan.) Community College.
– Running back Shaun Shivers received a rookie mini-camp invite from the Seattle Seahawks. He started all 12 games last year and went for 592 yards rushing and 4.1 yards per carry.
We’ll update this post if any other signings are reported.
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
- Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
- You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
- Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no cost to you.