After six weeks of chaos, Indiana’s 2022-23 roster seems to be down to just a couple moving parts, the most significant of which is Trayce Jackson-Davis’ NBA Draft decision.
The Greenwood, Ind. product put his name in the Draft last month, and he has since been preparing in California for the opportunity to show NBA teams what he is capable of at the next level.
Jackson-Davis was invited to the NBA Draft Combine, which runs from May 16-22 in Chicago. He will have until June 1 to decide whether to stay in the Draft or return to college for his fourth season.
Yahoo! Sports has created a live aggregate mock draft using mock drafts from 10 media outlets (ESPN, NBAdraftnet, CBS Sports, The Athletic, Bleacher Report, SI, For The Win, SBNation, Yahoo! Sports, Basketballnews) that they claim will be updated after every change made in those mock drafts.
In the aggregate according to Yahoo!, Jackson-Davis is the No. 55 selection in the 2022 NBA Draft. His best position is No. 33 and worst is undrafted. The 6-foot-9 forward has said in a 247Sports report he would like to know that he would be taken in the top-35 of the Draft. If not, he would likely return to Indiana for a fourth season. The No. 55 spot is an average, but of course Jackson-Davis just needs one team to tell him they will select him in the first round or early in the second.
Here is how those outlets are currently projecting Jackson-Davis. Note that there are currently 58 selections in this year’s Draft.
- ESPN’s does not have Jackson-Davis being selected.
- NBADraftnet likes Jackson-Davis at No. 33 to Toronto.
- CBS Sports has Jackson-Davis as their No. 66 overall player.
- The Athletic’s slots Jackson-Davis as the No. 67 overall player.
- Bleacher Report likes Jackson-Davis as the No. 49 overall player.
- Sports Illustrated’s slots Jackson-Davis in as the No. 85 overall player
- For the Win, which is an aggregation also, doesn’t have Jackson-Davis being chosen.
- SB Nation does not have Jackson-Davis being chosen in a first round mock draft.
- Yahoo! Sports‘ own mock draft doesn’t have Jackson-Davis being chosen in a first round mock draft.
- Basketballnews does not have Jackson-Davis being chosen.
Great to see Trayce Jackson-Davis showing more of his perimeter game + shooting potential in a workout/2-on-2 setting after taking just three 3s @ IU. Jackson-Davis has been a stabilizing force for the Hoosiers w/ 1,588 PTS, 796 REBS, 142 AST and 178 BLKS in 94 games (all starts) pic.twitter.com/iWzevQdzcV
— Mike Schmitz (@Mike_Schmitz) May 6, 2022
If he returns to school, Indiana is widely expected to open the 2022-23 season ranked in the top-25 and have a roster that can reasonably contend for a top-4 spot in the Big Ten.
Jackson-Davis started all 35 games for IU in 2021-22 and led the team in scoring (18.3), rebounding (8.1), field goal percentage (58.9%), free throws made (147), free throws attempted (218) and blocked shots (81). He was second on the team with 66 assists, and he added 22 steals.
In three seasons Jackson-Davis has worked his way up to 15th on IU’s all-time scoring list with 1,588 points, ninth in rebounds (797), seventh in blocked shots (178), and seventh in field goal percentage (55.8%).
Since 2019-20, Jackson-Davis ranks fifth nationally in scoring (1,588), sixth in field goals made (588), fourth in free throws made (412), second in free throw attempts (797).
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
- Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
- You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
- Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no cost to you.