NEW YORK — Follow along for live updates and join us in the comments below as Indiana battles UConn at the Empire Classic in New York Sunday afternoon.
The Hoosiers and No. 5 Huskies tip at 1 p.m. ET at Madison Square Garden (ESPN).
Refresh the page for updates.
UConn wins it, 77-57.
At the final media timeout, IU trails 70-50 with 3:19 left.
Timeout Indiana, UConn pulling away 68-48. 4:30 left.
UConn leads 58-48 at the third media timeout. 7:04 left. Malik Reneau just fouled out with a career-high 18 points.
UConn leads 54-43 at the second media timeout. 11:54 left. Indiana with four second half turnovers and five fouls.
UConn leads 44-37 at the first media timeout. 15:56 left. Indiana on a 7-0 run, but fouls adding up on the Hoosiers.
UConn starts the second half on a 4-0 run and Mike Woodson calls timeout. It’s 41-30 UConn leads with 18:35 left.
Keys to the half:
– UConn +11 on the glass
– UConn +11 on second chance points
– UConn +5 on free throw attempts
– IU players not named Reneau shooting 4-20
-Ware is 0-5 from two. Came in shooting 79 percent
Halftime: UConn 37, IU 30. Hoosiers closed the half on a 9-2 run.
Timeout with 1:12 left, UConn leads 35-25, IU at the free throw line for 1-and-1.
UConn leads 28-21 at the final media timeout. 3:29 left. Malik Reneau has made several shots in a row for IU and now leads the Hoosiers with 10. Both teams shooting 35 percent from the field. UConn has six more free throw attempts.
UConn leads 22-15 at the third media timeout. 7:20 left. Fouls adding up on IU. The Hoosiers have been called for nine compared to just four on the Huskies. Ware with two threes leads IU with seven points.
UConn leads 12-8 at the second media timeout. 11:53 left. UConn holds a 13-7 rebounding advantage, and they’ve scored six second-chance points.
UConn leads 6-4 at the first media timeout. 15:22 left. Kel’el Ware with all four of IU’s points. UConn shooting 25 percent, Indiana 16.7 percent.
NOTE: On his pregame radio appearance, Mike Woodson said Xavier Johnson (questionable/ankle) will play. The IU basketball Twitter/X account confirmed Xavier Johnson is starting, along with Trey Galloway, Mackenzie Mgbako, Malik Reneau and Kel’el Ware.
No. 5 UConn (3-0) vs. Indiana (3-0)
- Tip Time: 1:00 p.m. Eastern, Sunday
- Location: Madison Square Garden (19,500), New York City, New York
- Television: ESPN (Karl Ravech, Jay Williams, Myron Medcalf)
- Stream: Watch ESPN
- IU Radio Network: IU Radio Network
- Point Spread: UConn is around an 11-point favorite
- KenPom Projected Score: No. 71 Indiana 68 – No. 4 Connecticut 80
- Series: UConn leads series, 6-4 (IU won last meeting 57-54 in 2019)
- Xavier Johnson listed as questionable for IU basketball vs. UConn
- “He’s doing everything we’ve asked him to do” — Mike Woodson sees what UConn saw a year ago
- IU Basketball: Connecticut vs. Indiana game day essentials
For complete coverage of IU basketball, GO HERE.
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”