Indiana men’s soccer (12-4-4, 4-2-2 B1G) begins its quest for a ninth national title as NCAA Tournament play kicks off Thursday evening
The Hoosiers are hosting Atlantic Sun Champion Lipscomb (10-3-4, 6-1-0 ASUN) on Jerry Yeagley Field at Bill Armstrong Stadium.
Kickoff is set for 6 p.m. ET.
The match will stream live on the ESPN+ digital platform.
Parking availability has been updated due to the 7 p.m. start time for the Indiana men’s basketball game against Wright State. Indiana athletics has opened two lots accessible from 17th Street – the Briscoe Grass Lot and the Bell Tower Lot – while closing Gates 12 and 14.
• Indiana is appearing in the NCAA Tournament for the 48th time in 51 seasons and for the 37th straight season. The Hoosiers have advanced to 22 NCAA College Cups and 17 national finals, both NCAA records.
• IU captured the Big Ten Championship Double, winning a share of the Big Ten regular season title as well as the Big Ten Tournament Championship on Sunday with a 1-0 victory over Penn State.
• The Hoosiers have won nine of their last 10 matches, scoring 21 goals in that span. IU started the season 3-3-4 before the run pushed it to the current 12-4-4 record.
• Junior forward Sam Sarver has recorded nine goal contributions (five goals, four assists) in his last nine games and has set single-season career-highs in goals (8), assists (6) and points (22) while leading the team in all three categories.
ABOUT THE BISONS
• Lipscomb owns a 10-3-4 record, was 6-1-0 in ASUN regular season play and has a 2-2-3 mark in road matches.
• The Bisons are led by 19th-year head coach Charles Morrow, who owns a 158-156-37 record during his time in Nashville.
• Lipscomb is making its third consecutive appearance in the NCAA Tournament and, like Indiana, was a national seed a year ago. However, the Bisons have not won a tournament match since 2018, when it knocked off Washington and No. 14-seeded UCF in the first two rounds.
• The Bisons have scored 43 goals this season, an average of 2.53 goals per game. Redshirt junior forward Tyrese Spicer (13) and senior forward Javanne Smith (9) have combined for almost half of Lipscomb’s scoring.
• Thursday’s match will mark the first-ever meeting between Indiana and Lipscomb.
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”