Who is ready for some football?
Indiana University head football coach Tom Allen met with the media on Thursday to preview spring practice.
Below are the key roster related notes described by Allen during the session.
Spring practice begins on March 2. The annual Cream and Crimson game is Saturday, April 12.
– Drew Conrad (holder) has left the team to pursue academic endeavors.
– There is no update on Jack Tuttle’s eligibility waiver request currently pending with the NCAA. The quarterback transferred from Utah in late 2018. Tuttle is listed as No. 14 on the spring roster.
– Peyton Ramsey and Tuttle will take the full team reps in the spring as Michael Penix continues his recovery from a torn ACL. Allen indicated that he wants to protect Penix during the spring, although he will participate in some 7-on-7 activities, and he is full go in the weight room without restriction. Penix should be back to 100 percent for fall camp in August according to Allen.
– Reese Taylor will be transitioning back to a focus on defense this spring, and will also look to take on some return game responsibilities.
– Cam Jones will get an opportunity to play some free safety this spring along with his husky position.
– Devon Matthews will get work in at both safety positions.
– Taylor, Whop Philyor, Marcelino Ball and Juwan Burgess are all possibilities in the return game right now.
– Several other players will be limited in the spring beyond Penix including Whop Philyor, Cole Gest, Allen Stallings, and Matthews.
– Freshmen Sampson James and Larry Tracy also both had procedures and are likely to be limited in the spring.
– LeShaun Minor will not be active this spring.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Want to receive all of our content via one e-mail in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
Please consider supporting The Daily Hoosier by shopping on Amazon via this link to the Amazon home page or through the ad below.