Former IU defensive end Ryder Anderson has signed an undrafted free agent deal with the New York Giants, the team reported on Saturday afternoon.
The 6-foot-6 and 266-pound Anderson previously earned rookie minicamp invites with the Giants and Green Bay Packers.
Anderson will join fellow IU defender Micah McFadden with the NFC franchise.
The Texas product joined the Hoosiers as a transfer from Ole Miss on Jan. 12, 2021. He led Indiana’s defensive linemen with 48 tackles, 28 solos, 3.5 sacks (21 yards), and 8.5 for loss (30 yards). He forced one fumble and added four quarterback hurries and started all 12 games at end. Anderson was honorable-mention All-Big Ten (coaches).
At Ole Miss Anderson played in 37 games (14 starts) for the Rebels. He collected 99 tackles, 38 solo, 6.5 sacks, 15 for loss, 17 quarterback hurries, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, one pass breakup, and one blocked punt. He earned his degree in integrated marketing communications in 2020.
Here is a summary of former IU players with NFL franchises as rookies:
- Micah McFadden – New York Giants (drafted)
- Ryder Anderson – New York Giants (UDFA)
- Marcelino McCrary-Ball – San Francisco 49ers (UDFA)
- Ty Fryfogle – Dallas Cowboys (UDFA)
- Peyton Hendershot – Dallas Cowboys (UDFA)
- Raheem Layne – Los Angeles Chargers (UDFA)
- Caleb Jones – Green Bay Packers (UDFA)
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
- Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
- You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
- Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no cost to you.