NFL training camps are now underway around the country, and according to official rosters, 18 former IU football players are competing for spots in the league.
The Hoosiers are represented on 13 different teams. Five teams (Dallas, Denver, New York Giants, New York Jets and San Francisco) have two former IU players.
Positionally, IU is best represented by the offensive line with five.
Here are the 18 players currently with NFL teams:
- Rodger Saffold, OL – Buffalo
- Ian Thomas, TE – Carolina
- Tegray Scales, LB – Cincinnati
- Ty Fryfogle, WR – Dallas
- Peyton Hendershot, TE – Dallas
- Jamar Johnson, S – Denver
- Stevie Scott, RB – Denver (updated 8/10)
- Caleb Jones, OL – Green Bay
- Jason Spriggs, OL – Indianapolis
- Wes Martin, OL – Jacksonville
- Ryder Anderson, DL – New York Giants
- Micah McFadden, LB – New York Giants
- Raheem Layne, S – Los Angeles Chargers
- Marcelino McCrary-Ball, LB – San Francisco
- Nate Sudfeld, QB – San Francisco
- Dan Feeney, OL – New York Jets
- Tevin Coleman, RB – New York Jets
- Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, WR – Tennessee
Note: Running back Jordan Howard has been getting workouts this summer but he isn’t currently with a team.
Teams currently have 90-man rosters.
The league mandated roster cut dates are as follows:
- August 16: 90 to 85 players
- August 23: 85 to 80 players
- August 30: 80 to 53 players
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
- Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
- You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
- Seven ways to support completely free IU coverage at no cost to you.