The first segment of the July NCAA live evaluation period continues through Sunday. Along with the highly publicized Nike EYBL Peach Jam, action also continues with the Adidas Gauntlet, the Peach Invitational, and Under Armour events.
Here are some of the highlights from yesterday as it relates to IU class of 2019 targets:
- Indianapolis native Armaan Franklin has significantly increased his scoring output. During three Peach Jam games thus far the combo guard has averaged 13.7 points per game while shooting 46% from the field and 39% from distance. Included in his performance was a big corner 3-pointer in the final minute of a game to give his team the lead.
- Five star Alabama guard Kira Lewis, Jr. put up 23 points on an efficient 63% shooting effort in his Peach Invitational contest for the Georgia Stars yesterday.
- Texas guard Jahmius Ramsey has grabbed headlines this week. He averaged 22 points and shot 70% from the field through his first two games. He hasn’t revealed much about his recruitment, but in limited statements he has indicated that IU is in the mix.
- Isaiah Stewart continues to be a double-double machine, averaging 15.5 points and 10 rebounds through 2 games.
You can watch Stewart with a put-back game winner yesterday here:
- In an interview with 247 Sports ($), class of 2019 4-star guard Samari Curtis indicated that he is still considering Indiana along with several other schools. Curtis visited IU last month. You can read our profile here. Several reports have the high scoring Curtis impressing folks at this week’s Under Armour event.
- Multiple accounts on social media had the IU coaching staff “all in” on Brandon Newman and Armaan Franklin’s MeanStreets Nike EYBL team, with all four coaches in attendance at one point.
- As we reported yesterday, Trendon Watford is not expected to play in the Peach Invitational as he rests a minor knee strain.
- Keion Brooks, Jr. is reportedly soldiering through tendinitis at the Peach Jam. He continues to produce despite the limitations which seem clear when watching him play.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier