Every day we scour the internet and social media to bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier went across enemy lines and has the latest on what the MSU media is saying about Saturday night’s big game.
- Listen: IU Coach Tom Allen and MSU Coach Mark Dantonio on the weekly Big Ten coaches teleconference.
- Inside the Hall continues its countdown of the top 25 players in the Big Ten for the 2018-19 men’s basketball season with No.’s 10-6 as the first Hoosier makes an appearance.
- The Indiana Daily Student previews the No. 2 ranked IU men’s soccer’s road trip to Evansville. A good chance for you southwestern Indiana Hoosier fans to catch one of the school’s elite programs.
- Robert Johnson has signed a free agent contract with the Milwaukee Bucks.
- Hoosier Hysteria news: Doors open at 2 PM a week from Saturday (9/29), festivities begin at 4 PM. See the full release from IU here.
- Punt John Punt charts the IU defense through three weeks and uncovers an amazing stat on an IU cornerback.
Tom Allen gives his final interview of the week as the Hoosiers prepare for the biggest game of the season.
So many great interviews this week and we somehow missed this one — Dan Dakich and Tom Allen on Tuesday. You’ll want to listen as they discuss the crowd noise benefits of the new south end zone enclosure, Peyton Ramsey, Stevie Scott and more.
TWEET OF THE DAY
Defend the Rock Coach!
— Indiana Football (@IndianaFootball) September 19, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- The Daily Hoosier has an updated profile page for class of 2019 target Trayce Jackson-Davis after news of some fresh new cuts to his list, and a timeline that is gaining clarity.
- Archie Miller was also reportedly in for a visit with TJD today.
- A few IU offerees and targets in the new Rivals class of 2021 rankings including recent Bloomington visitors Terrence Clarke (2) and Khristian Lander (30), as well as Fort Wayne native Caleb Furst (28), who will be at Hoosier Hysteria.
- This Kansas piece has thoughts on the timing and process for Matthew Hurt and Zeke Nnaji.
- At least some college coaches see Isaiah Stewart and Hurt as the best 2019 player according to this Rivals’ article.
- Former IU class of 2019 target Brandon Newman has committed to Purdue. Newman was set to take an official visit to IU the weekend after Armaan Franklin committed to Indiana, but reversed course after Franklin’s decision.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier