Every day we scour the internet and social media to bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier takes a look at the return of IU Husky Marcelino Ball.
- IUHoosiers announces that the men’s soccer program opens the season ranked No. 2. You can see the full schedule here.
- Also – Todd Yeagley previews the upcoming season.
- IU’s Andy Graham discusses that the writing appears to be on the wall for IU football — They are going to run the ball.
- The NCAA announces several new rules including undrafted players returning to college, and players being allowed to hire agents. Our take — while an overhaul, none of this really matters to the product on the court. IU just needs to comply with the rules and go out and obtain the best talent possible.
- IDS previews the upcoming Hoosier field hockey team.
Let IU defensive lineman Jacob Robinson take you on a tour of the new south end zone complex.
Todd Leary joined our friend Jim Coyle on The Morning Madness. The segment starts at 1:01.
TWEET OF THE DAY
No idea how Drew Conrad is able to hold still on the last one.
We asked the @IndianaFootball specialists for their best trick shot, and they didn't disappoint.
Behold: The "Double Hold Gatorade Shot." ? pic.twitter.com/s2oBImVFxc
— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) August 6, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Small forward Khalil Whitney commits to Kentucky. Along with small forward Dontaie Allen in the UK class of 2019, the likelihood of Keion Brooks, Jr. going to Lexington seems to have just gotten much slimmer.
- Adam Zagoria has the latest on James Bouknight’s recruitment, with two official visits scheduled and a top five coming Friday.
- We updated our Bouknight profile page with a new video that quickly informs you on what all the buzz is about.
- Class of 2019 Virginia guard Anthony Harris announced four official visits. He has a fifth official left — could he use it for Indiana? Possibly. Interestingly, Harris and Trayce Jackson-Davis are visiting Wake Forest at the same time in September and have been chatting on social media. Could the pair play there together, or is the timing more about this:
- September 22: Notre Dame at Wake Forest
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier