Every day we scour the internet and social media to bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier takes a look at eight of the best “breakthroughs” in the more recent history of college football.
- Freshman Elijah Rodgers has left the IU football team for personal reasons.
- The Indiana Daily Student has a profile on rising star Whop Philyor, a sophomore that opened a lot of eyes last season.
- Did you know? IU offers free tours of its athletic facilities including Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, Cook Hall and Memorial Stadium. Read more about it in the IDS here.
- Former Hoosier Shane Wynn getting some recognition in Jacksonville.
The Big Ten bus tour was in Bloomington today. See what the crew had to say about the Big Ten East live from Memorial Stadium:
TWEET OF THE DAY
Not an active returning player and technically not part of the 2018 recruiting class, Race Thompson really is the hidden secret on this 2018-19 team.
— Indiana Basketball (@IndianaMBB) August 4, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Rivals has the latest from James Bouknight, including promising IU specific comments.
- Jake Weingarten reports that Armaan Franklin is taking an official visit to IU on August 24-26. This is earlier than originally anticipated. See all of our coverage on Franklin here.
- Multiple reports had Kira Lewis taking an official visit to Alabama over the weekend.
- Keion Brooks, Jr. discusses his decision to attend La Lumiere on local television.
- You can read our take on Brooks’ decision to transfer here.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier