Every day we scour the internet and social media to bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier continues its series on greatest football Hoosiers of all-time with the legendary Pete Pihos.
- Also from TDH: We continue our 2018 football season preview with a look at the intriguing competition at tight end.
- The Indiana Daily Student: Tom Allen ensures that Indiana will not follow in Maryland’s footsteps.
- IU’s Andy Graham has the latest on IU Football Manager Matthew Stauder’s battle with cancer.
- Here’s the link to help if you can.
- IU AD Fred Glass provided an update on the state of Indiana football yesterday. You can watch it here.
- Punt John Punt takes an intellectually honest look at the impact of losing Morgan Ellison.
- The Big Ten has released conference football schedules for 2022-2025.
Running back Mike Majette is in line for a bigger role with Morgan Ellison suspended. Watch what he had to say about the upcoming season:
Listen to yours truly on The Indiana Sports Beat with Jim Coyle.
TWEET OF THE DAY
Hear from Matt Stauder himself. Please do what you can.
For those who are battling cancer, @IndianaFootball student manger Matt Stauder (@mattstauder) encourages you to stay positive and keep a strong faith, an attitude that has guided him through the past few months in his own battle. #LEO #IUFB #Hoosiers pic.twitter.com/EsOG4NdWAv
— Larra Overton (@LarraOverton) August 29, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Jake Weingarten of Stock Risers reporting that Matthew Hurt will be taking three in home visits on September 9th from Kentucky, Duke and Kansas.
- Aaron Torres reported that Isaiah Stewart took an unofficial visit to Michigan State yesterday.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier