THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- Video: Marcelino Ball and Jonathan Crawford preview FIU.
- Inside the Hall and Assembly Call are joined by ESPN’s John Gasaway on the Podcast on the Brink.
- The Indiana Daily Student — IU men’s soccer’s AJ Palazzolo is the Big Ten player of the week.
- The Herald Times: Reese Taylor is moving back to quarterback.
- Fred Glass details transformational improvements to Indiana Football and the gameday experience.
- From Glass’ press conference today: “All four lanes of I-69/IN-37 from Bloomington to Martinsville to Indianapolis will be open by home opener against Virginia.” Rejoice!
- The Daily Hoosier continues its series on the greatest IU football players of all-time with No. 4.
- Also from TDH: A timely preview of the IU quarterback position for 2018 after much has changed over the last week.
If you are sand pit averse, look away.
IU Athletic Director Fred Glass joined the Kent Sterling Show on 1430AM in Indianapolis:
TWEET OF THE DAY
The helmet decals honoring former head coach Bill Mallory were revealed today:
This season, we will be thinking about you, Coach Mal. pic.twitter.com/wxKx5x92gy
— Indiana Football (@IndianaFootball) August 28, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Rivals’ Eric Bossi does a deep dive with his latest thoughts on IU’s chances with various class of 2019 targets.
- Zags Blog has updates on various recruiting tidbits including Trayce Jackson-Dackson and Keion Brooks, Jr. traveling to the west coast together to take their official visit to UCLA. The pair is also taking their officials to IU during Hoosier Hysteria weekend. We discussed the concept of a “package deal” previously.
- If you think recruiting package deals are a real thing, well, the Zags Blog article also reminds us that Brandon Newman and Armaan Franklin will both be in West Lafayette this weekend.
- Isaiah Stewart breaks down all six of his finalists here.
- More on Brandon Newman’s return to Valparaiso for his senior year.
- If you believe in the 247Sports Crystal Ball, and you know we don’t, Jerry Meyer is reporting that Virginia Tech is the predicted landing spot for Anthony Harris.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier