Every day we scour the internet and social media to bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier takes a look at former walk-on Luke Timian, who has big goals for this 2018 season.
- IUBase has key IU baseball dates including walk-on tryouts, camps and an appearance by Coach Mercer.
- IU’s Andy Graham has the latest status of the Hoosier football QB competition.
- Mike Miller reports on new volleyball coach Steve Aird as the season approaches.
- Nate Sudfeld is taking full advantage of his preseason opportunity, and people are noticing.
- Rivals’ Corey Evans includes Romeo Langford on his list of seven freshman with big shoes to fill, and has thoughts on reasonable expectations.
- The dates for all of the 2018-19 IU men’s basketball nonconference games are now set.
Defensive line coach Mark Hagen discusses Gavin Everett’s scholarship and the latest with the D-line.
Quarterbacks coach Nick Sheridan joined the Kent Sterling Show yesterday, and of course the QB competition was discussed.
TWEET OF THE DAY
Where have we seen this before?
NATE SUDFELD FROM HIS OWN END ZONE.
— NFL (@NFL) August 17, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Class of 2019 four star guard Jahmius Ramsey has published a list of his “remaining ten” schools.
- 247Sports is reporting that Ramsey will be setting up visits soon. At least one person at that service is predicting Ramsey will be a Hoosier.
- We took a closer look yesterday at 2019 five-star forward Matthew Hurt, including his timeline, IU connections, video and interviews.
- Jake Weingarten of Stock Risers reported via Twitter that 2019 four-star guard Brandon Newman took unofficial visits to Ohio State and Xavier this week.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier