THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier takes a look at former Hoosiers on NFL rosters as teams begin training camps.
- The Indiana Daily Student has five takeaways from their tour of the new south end zone at Memorial Stadium, including some good photographs.
- IUHoosiers tells us that Ricky Brookins is on the Wuerffel Trophy watch list, which is “College Football’s Premier Award for Community Service.”
- Cleveland.com polled 28 Big Ten football writers on the 2018 power rankings.
More on the South End Zone project — the Herald Times has a good video with Fred Glass to help you see how it has come together:
Kent Sterling continues to bring on IU names from the past. Take a listen to Ted Kitchel here:
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- The Daily Hoosier is monitoring the IU coaches and recruiting news during the third and final July live period.
- The Indy Star has a report($) on Virginia point guard Anthony Harris which indicates that he would like to take an official visit to IU, perhaps on Hoosier Hysteria.
- Also from the Star, Zach Osterman describes IU’s pitch to Brandon Newman on Twitter: “We speak weekly, daily. Texts and calls … They see me as a guy who can make shots and defend. A two-way player. A guy that’s vocal.”
- FloHoops has the latest on guard James Bouknight, who Indiana offered earlier this week. Includes a video of his highly publicized 33 point performance last week. This young man is clearly fully recovered and highly talented. A former teammate of Jake Forrester, Bouknight told 247Sports($) that the two keep in touch and he is excited by the IU offer. Bouknight has told multiple outlets that this is a wide open recruitment right now.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier