Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
GAME DAY ESSENTIALS
Indiana (13-13, 4-11) at No. 21/19 Iowa (20-6, 9-6)
- Tip time: 9:00 p.m. Eastern
- Location: Carver-Hawkeye Arena, Iowa City, iowa
- Television: FS1 (Dave Revsine and Andy Katz)
- Series: Indiana leads 103-77 (Iowa won the last meeting 77-72 on Feb. 7)
- Point Spread: Iowa is a 7 point favorite.
- Tickets (Seat Geek affiliate link)
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier’s Iowa coverage:
- Indiana Women’s Basketball secures a major resume building upset win.
- IU Baseball: Weekend series at Tennessee starts Friday at 4:30.
- The Indiana Daily Student puts Tuesday night’s profane chants in a more reasonable context.
- An Iowa reporter takes a look at the one-and-done rule in the context of Romeo Langford’s lone visit to Iowa City.
- Behind enemy lines: The Hawkeye take on tonight’s game.
- Indiana Softball: 11-0 start is the best in program history.
- The Washington Post discusses Thomas Bryant spending the All-Star break in Bloomington.
IU class of 2019 signee Trayce Jackson-Davis received his McDonald’s All-American jersey last night and discussed why he chose Indiana. Also hear from his father and former Pacer Dale.
Listen to former Hoosier player and color commentator Todd Leary on Indiana Sports Beat on the right hand side of the page. He was on the final segment of today’s show. —–>
Former Hoosier All-American Tom Van Arsdale and his brother Dick were honored on Tuesday at halftime of the Purdue game. Tom spoke with Kent Sterling on 1430AM earlier this week.
(Also — It’s the twins’ birthday today)
TWEET OF THE DAY
Take a look back at last year’s win at Iowa in a game that included a program record tying nine three-pointers by Rob Johnson.
— Indiana Basketball (@IndianaMBB) February 22, 2019
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Jackson-Davis was dominant in that regular season finale last night.
- Jalen Blackmon reached 30 or more points for the 12th time this season last night.
- Class of 2021 5-star Khristian Lander will visit Michigan this weekend.
- Armaan Franklin had a huge senior night as the IU signee went out in style.
- Mentions of 2019 targets Harlond Beverly and Sean McNeil here from a Missouri perspective.
- Purdue will be formidable in the recruitment of 2021 5-star Caleb Furst:
VIDEO: @BoilerBall coach Matt Painter (@CoachPainter) was in Fort Wayne tonight as soph Caleb Furst (@calebfurst) dropped 20 on Northrop in 81-67 win for 1A no. 1 @BCSAD! #BoilerUp @BCSZoo pic.twitter.com/c1jmVEXwBg
— Glenn Marini (@GlennMariniWANE) February 22, 2019
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Want to receive all of our content via one e-mail in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
Please consider supporting The Daily Hoosier by shopping on Amazon via this link to the Amazon home page or through the ad below.