Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier discusses IU’s NCAA Tournament chances with seven games remaining.
- Archie Miller and De’Ron Davis previewed Saturday’s game against Minnesota.
- Richard Pitino previewed the game as well.
- IU Baseball was supposed to open the season today at Memphis. Instead they will play a doubleheader tomorrow. You can read about the team here.
- IU Women’s Basketball fell on Thursday night at Michigan.
- House Divided: Saturday Tradition looks at the in-state recruiting success of IU and Purdue.
- Punt John Punt goes into Part II of their look at Kalen DeBoer’s offense, this time examining how the personnel fit the scheme.
- The Indiana Daily Student covers the complete IU men’s soccer spring schedule.
- Pete Thamel discusses how Kelvin Sampson revived his career.
- OG Anunoby’s rebound could give the Raptors a late season bounce.
Take a look back at Indiana’s 2018 win at Minnesota in a game in which Justin Smith scored his career high.
Listen to BTN analyst Mike DeCourcy discuss Indiana today on Indiana Sports Beat on the right hand side of any page. The DeCourcy segment starts about 3/4 of the way into today’s show.
Former IU player Steve Risley spoke with Kent Sterling about the current state of Hoosier basketball.
TWEET OF THE DAY
If he looks familiar he should because that is the son of former IU head coach Mike Davis, and he is having an incredible freshman season. His story will be an interesting one to follow.
After draining 5 more 3’s yesterday, Antoine Davis is now 3rd in NCAA history for most triples in a season by a freshman at 113, behind a couple of names you might have heard of #DetroitsCollegeTeam #HLMBB pic.twitter.com/2gMM4bspNx
— Detroit Mercy MBB (@DetroitMBB) February 15, 2019
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Keion Brooks, Jr. will be attending the Kentucky vs. Tennessee game on Saturday. A source tells us he will also be attending Michigan State vs. Ohio State on Sunday.
- IU 2021 targets Caleb Furst and Jalen Blackmon went head to head last night. The two were at one time teammates in Fort Wayne.
- Rivals’ Dan McDonald sees Indiana as out of the picture for Trendon Watford. This is consistent with everything we have been hearing, and only an official visit would seem to change that. Watford has mentioned February 26 as a possible official visit date.
- Lester Quinones and Watford have been discussing teaming up — although that likely means at LSU or Memphis.
- Ethan Morton jumps up the 2020 rankings. The Pennsylvania guard is a high priority recruit for Archie Miller.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Want to receive all of our content via one e-mail in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
Please consider supporting The Daily Hoosier by shopping on Amazon via this link to the Amazon home page or through the ad below.