Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier examines the fantastic finish by Hoosier freshman Rob Phinisee against Penn State.
- Herald Times: Clifton Moore building confidence.
- Indiana Women’s Basketball improves to 8-0 and extends their nation’s best winning streak.
- IUBase takes a closer look at Matt Gorski, who is firmly on the MLB radar.
- IU Men’s Soccer will have a special fan cheering for them on Friday night.
- College Cup: The Hoosier Network describes how Justin Rennicks is set to make his mark.
- Bleacher Report has their latest mock draft with Romeo Langford coming in at No. 6.
- Rick Bozich: Not all December college basketball resumes built the same.
- Sports Illustrated: If you’ve never read it or if it has been decades, read Frank DeFord’s classic “The Rabbit Hunter” piece on Bob Knight.
Watch as the big fella gets a career high. He added nine rebounds.
BTN’s Dave Revsine discusses the depth in the Big Ten.
TWEET OF THE DAY
According to Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany, discussions about B1G division realignment have picked up.
Should the conference change the format? pic.twitter.com/pRGzw2VYTW
— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) December 6, 2018
Looking for tickets to Saturday’s basketball game against Louisville? Use our Seat Geek affiliate links and support our free site at no additional cost to you.
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Trayce Jackson-Davis has gone from the recruited to the recruiter.
- David Bell was named the Indiana high school football Gatorade player of the year. He is taking an official visit to IU this weekend.
- Five star Vernon Carey spurns Michigan State for Duke.
- Inside the Hall profiles the Forum Tipoff Classic this weekend in Indianapolis that features Trayce Jackson-Davis against Keion Brooks, Jr. as its headliner.
- Brooks, along with Matthew Hurt and Trendon Watford are on the MaxPreps national high school player of the year watch list.
- Matthew Hurt plans to make a point this year.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier