Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- Terry Hutchens has passed away at the age of 60.
- His spot in the IU media room is secure.
- The Daily Hoosier says it’s time for patience after Tom Allen secured another quality recruiting class.
- Rob Phinisee will miss Saturday’s game against Jacksonville as he remains in concussion protocol.
- Archie Miller met with the media on Friday afternoon along with Zach McRoberts and De’Ron Davis.
- Watch Live: IU women’s basketball vs. South Dakota from 4-6 p.m. eastern on Friday or replay the stream later.
- The Hoosier: The staff predicts the final score against Jacksonville.
- The Herald Times: Tom Allen gives Juan Harris a second chance.
- Thomas Bryant is making the most of his opportunity.
- Tom Crean appears to like it at Georgia better than Indiana.
From a few years ago. Watch as John Mellencamp discusses his passion for IU basketball.
TWEET OF THE DAY
And the Hoosier State was transformed forever…
On this day, 127 years ago, ? was born!
Pictured: Dr. James Naismith, the inventor of basketball, practicing with his wife Maude pic.twitter.com/gvy1whOhYN
— FIBA (@FIBA) December 21, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Trendon Watford was a headliner at this week’s City of Palms event.
- Missouri is in hot pursuit of class of 2020 guard Caleb Love.
- Minnesota class of 2020 Dawson Garcia is generating a lot of buzz lately and IU coaches watched him earlier this week. You can see video from the AAU season here:
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Want to receive all of our content via one e-mail in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
Please consider supporting The Daily Hoosier by shopping on Amazon via this link to the Amazon home page or through the ad below.