Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier predicts the Big Ten men’s basketball standings with conference play starting this weekend.
- Indiana Football: Nine players received Big Ten recognition.
- A bright future? 17 IU football true freshmen saw the field in 2018.
- IU Women’s Basketball moves to 6-0 as Ali Patberg score 30 in a win on the road at Wake Forest.
- Hutchens: It’s time to set realistic expectations for IU basketball.
- Rivals looks at the top performing freshmen in college basketball, with discussion of Romeo Langford and Mike Davis’ son Antoine.
- The Indiana Daily Student profiles Andrew Gutman of the IU men’s soccer team.
- Don’t forget — they have a rematch with Notre Dame on Friday night with the College Cup on the line.
- The Last Days of Knight: Read our review of the documentary that is now an ESPN 30 for 30 television show debuting tonight.
- Terence Moore tells you about the other side of Bob Knight, and this is exactly the kind of story that causes the ESPN documentary to fall flat.
You may have noticed that Coach K didn’t take kindly to the fans mocking Romeo Langford. You may also know that he came up under Bob Knight.
Former Purdue star Robbie Hummel joined The Ride with JMV to discuss IU’s loss to Duke, playing at Assembly Hall, and Purdue stuff.
TWEET OF THE DAY
A former Hoosier that we can all be proud of in more ways than one.
"I'm just trying to change people's lives. That's what it's all about." @VicOladipo joined @stanverrett to discuss his commitment to fighting cancer and his charity's $25,000 contribution to @TheVFoundation. pic.twitter.com/ghUwuEJ6Gh
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 29, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- In the Greenwood, Indiana area on Friday night? It will be Trayce Jackson-Davis against Armaan Franklin as Center Grove hosts Cathedral.
- Matthew Hurt takes an official visit to Kentucky this weekend. Indiana seems to be fading from the picture here.
- Looks like something good may be up with in-state four star linebacker Cam Williams.
- Recruits, including David Bell, discuss Jeff Brohm staying at Purdue.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier