Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier continues to preview the 2018-19 IU men’s basketball team with Johnny Jager.
- The Bloomington Herald Times says Marcelino Ball is looking to rebound this week.
- IUHoosiers profiles senior safety Jonathan Crawford.
- Troy Williams joins his fifth NBA team since 2016 as he joins former teammate Yogi Ferrell in Sacramento.
- ESPN names its preseason power rankings, with the Hoosiers notably absent.
- Sports Illustrated previews the Big Ten. With Purdue predicted at No. 3, it’s hard to take any of this seriously.
- Tom Crean previews the Georgia season.
- Also from TDH: See what the Penn State media is saying about tomorrow’s game, including a former IU commit returning home.
IU head coach Tom Allen with his final public thoughts prior to Saturday’s game against Penn State:
Former IU QB Richard Lagow joined our friend Jim Coyle today to discuss IU football. Skip ahead to 1:16 to hear what he had to say.
(Tip: Pull this post up every day on your commute and listen to the most relevant daily IU content rather than whatever happens to be on the radio)
TWEET OF THE DAY
The IU community coming together today to remember George Taliaferro. Former star Nolan Harrison sums it up nicely.
Just leaving the funeral services for a great man, George Taliaferro. Beautiful service and he has such a beautiful and kind family. He touched so many of our lives. We can all hope that we leave such a strong enduring legacy when our time is at an end. #IUFB #NFLPAFraternity pic.twitter.com/xFNqzmiqhh
— Nolan Harrison III, MBA ☠️ (@NolanHarrison74) October 19, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Keion Brooks, Jr. is taking his official visit to Kentucky this weekend.
- ESPN’s Jeff Borzello is now predicting ($) Brooks to Kentucky and Isaiah Stewart to Michigan State, although both with a very low degree of confidence (35 and 25 percent respectively) — low enough to make the predictions irrelevant.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier