Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier puts their 6-0 prediction record on the line with its game primer and prediction for Iowa.
- Also from TDH — see what the Iowa media is saying about the game, including a current IU assistant coach that was a star linebacker for the Hawkeyes.
- The Hoosier Network has more from the Big Ten basketball media day, with video of what Archie Miller, Juwan Morgan and Zach McRoberts said at their break out sessions.
- IUBase has a summary of the IU baseball fall banquet.
- The Bloomington Herald Times summarizes Tom Allen’s latest thinking on Michael Penix.
- Punt John Punt has the participation summary from Ohio State and interesting thoughts on Jacob Robinson.
- Chris Williams of the Assembly Call has a great piece on Hoosiers that weren’t, including Wilt Chamberlain and Knute Rockne.
- Victor Oladipo showing his Hoosier hospitality.
- 2018-19 IU Basketball Player Previews: Race Thompson.
- College Basketball Corruption Trial: It seems innocuous, but Tom Crean and Indiana were mentioned in the trial yesterday.
Coach Allen gives his final public thoughts on Iowa.
Juwan Morgan joined Kent Sterling on the air of 1430 AM in Indianapolis yesterday. There are some pretty interesting comment from Morgan on Clifton Moore, including a not so flattering nickname he had last season. But the real story is his year over year development.
TWEET OF THE DAY
A former IU star shares his views on Archie Miller:
VIDEO: Kent Benson really, really likes @IndianaMBB coach Archie Miller. Other IU coaches in recent memory, not as much. Check out our story with the former #IUBB star here: pic.twitter.com/2Gskk2YPup
— Glenn Marini (@GlennMariniWANE) October 12, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Breaking: Trayce Jackson-Davis announces his final three.
- Yesterday we shamefully reveled in who isn’t going to Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness, today we’ll regretfully inform you that class of 2021 Terrence Clark and Khristian Lander will be there.
- Any Hoosier fans in South Dakota? There will be a whose-who of IU recruiting targets playing there in late December.
- New video of Keion Brooks, Jr. from the Team USA minicamp:
— Courtside Films (@CourtsideFilms) October 12, 2018
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier