Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier: Nebraska pre-game coverage —
- Game day essentials, tale of the tape, keys to victory.
- Tim Miles and James Palmer, Jr. discuss IU.
- Listen below — Don Fischer discusses tonight’s game.
- Men’s Soccer — Dorsey, Buckmaster and Moore selected in MLS Super Draft.
- Romeo Langford wins the Big Ten Freshman of the year again. Maybe they should just announce when he doesn’t win?
- Hoosier women’s basketball returned to their winning ways with a victory at Wisconsin on Sunday.
- Grand opening: Indiana opened the long awaited Wilkinson Hall this weekend with a wrestling victory.
- Hoosiers in the NFL: Four former IU football stars are members of the NFL conference championship game teams.
- Video: Jerome Hunter may not be ready to return, but he seems to be recovering well. We are hearing that that basketball related activities have resumed for Hunter as he works his way back, but redshirting is still a highly likely option.
- Rankings: The IU men and women still hanging on in the AP Top 25.
- Big Ten Basketball: Weekly report.
- Also from TDH — From the weekend, Romeo Langford is turning weaknesses into strengths Big Ten play.
The IU women recovered nicely from a disappointing loss at Ohio State to beat Wisconsin on Sunday.
Indiana Sports Beat spoke with Don Fischer this morning to look back at Maryland and preview Nebraska. Skip ahead to the 1:41 mark to listen.
TWEET OF THE DAY
Jared Jeffries with an important point to consider for any in-state recruits that might consider going to an out-of-state college:
"I always joke around that the older I get I'm only famous one place, and that's Indiana."
– Former @IndianaMBB star Jared Jeffries, on importance of Indiana Mr. Basketball
— Indiana On BTN (@IndianaOnBTN) January 14, 2019
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Archie Miller and John Calipari took in home visits with class of 2019 five star forward Keion Brooks, Jr. this weekend.
- It was another big night for Marion’s Jalen Blackmon, who is averaging about 30 a game as a sophomore.
- Class of 2020 IU offeree Nimari Burnett highlights from the weekend.
- Indiana is still in the running although a major long shot for Matthew Hurt. As you can see below, the class of 2019 five star is putting up crazy numbers and recently eclipsed 3,000 points for his high school career.
He dropped 43 on Tuesday, so what did Matthew Hurt do for an encore? How about 44 points, 23 rebounds and a sick alley oop! There's a reason why every major college program wants this guy on their team @JMRocketsBBB pic.twitter.com/12K0u0hzb5
— Zach Gilleland (@ZachGKIMT) January 12, 2019
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Want to receive all of our content via one e-mail in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
Please consider supporting The Daily Hoosier by shopping on Amazon via this link to the Amazon home page or through the ad below.