Every day we scour the internet and social media to bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The Daily Hoosier take a first look at Rutgers as the IU football team moves on from the first loss of the season.
- Inside the Hall continues their preview of the 2018-19 Big Ten basketball teams with Minnesota.
- IUBase takes an updated look today at the latest with various IU baseball alums.
- The Indiana Daily Student opines that IU has a duty to disclose what is going on with suspended Hoosier running back Morgan Ellison.
- No. 2 ranked IU men’s soccer scheduled match today against Northwestern has been postponed to Wednesday.
- This date in Hoosier History including the Bill Lynch gum toss.
Take a closer look at IU quarterback Peyton Ramsey:
It is required IU listening when Don Fischer joins Dan Dakich.
Also, The Daily Hoosier joined The Indiana Sports Beat with Jim Coyle today to discuss IU football. You can listen here.
TWEET OF THE DAY
If you don’t know the story of Bo McMillin and Centre College, it is worth your time.
— IU Artifacts (@IUArtifacts) September 25, 2018
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- Class of 2019 5-star Keion Brooks, Jr. has narrowed to a top six list.
- From the bad news department, class of 2019 five star Isaiah Stewart has been offered by Kentucky and is taking an official visit this weekend.
- From the more bad news department, class of 2019 point guard Anthony Harris is taking an official visit to Duke this weekend.
- Recruiting sites Rivals and 247Sports are reporting that in-state wide receiver David Bell has scheduled an official visit to IU on December 8th. Interestingly, this visit lines up with IU’s big home basketball game against Louisville. Bell is a star basketball player at Warren Central, and although unlikely, it has been suggested in some circles that he could play both sports in college. Bell told the Indy Star today that “he plans to make his decision on Jan. 5 at the All-American Bowl in San Antonio, Texas.”
- Bell is ranked as the 82nd best overall football player in the class of 2019 nationally, the 14th best wide receiver, and the 2nd best player in the state of Indiana according to the 247Sports Composite.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier