Every day we bring you the best in IU and Big Ten news and recruiting notes with The Daily Hoosier Report. It’s your daily one stop shop for comprehensive and free IU Athletics related information for busy Hoosier fans.
Here’s today’s latest IU Athletics and Big Ten coverage + recruiting news from around the net:
THE BEST IN FREE AND INDEPENDENTLY OWNED IU COVERAGE
- The NBA Summer League begins today. See the schedule for Utah (Morgan) and Boston (Langford).
- Romeo Langford is on the Celtics summer league roster, but his workload will be very light in the coming weeks.
- Thomas Bryant to sign a 3-year $25 million deal to return to Washington.
- Athletics Director Fred Glass announces the ways that IU Athletics will participate in the school’s bicentennial.
- Eagles’ Jordan Howard: Running back coach Duce Staley breaks down the situation at RB.
- IU Baseball: Justin Walker and Sam Crail to transfer.
- Damon Bailey enters the National High School Hall of Fame.
- IU Football: Meet freshman David Ellis.
- IU Football: Meet freshman Tim Weaver.
With Damon Bailey going into the National High School Hall of Fame, take a look back at this story from Bleacher Report.
Bloomington South guard Anthony Leal joined Indiana Sports Beat today. That segment begins at the 1:15:40 mark. Mike Schumann of The Daily Hoosier is in the following segment to discuss IU basketball recruiting.
(Tip: Pull this post up every day on your commute and listen to the most relevant daily IU content rather than whatever happens to be on the radio)
TWEET OF THE DAY
Every IU recruiting class going back to 1989. Nick is a great follow too for southwest Indiana hoops coverage.
Found this file today. IU commits since 1989 season… just updated it.
There's a lot of memories to be found in these 131 names. pic.twitter.com/RcjyvcPqPO
— Nick Baumgart (@Nick_Baumgart) July 1, 2019
FREE IU AND BIG TEN RECRUITING NEWS
- The Daily Hoosier talked to 2020 guard Trey Galloway about his recruitment and much more.
- See video of Galloway and class of 2021 forward Trey Kaufman from the weekend.
- Class of 2021 IU basketball names to know: South Bend’s JR Konieczny.
- Zags Blog updates the recruitment of 2020 point guard RJ Davis. Social media reports had both Bruiser Flint and Archie Miller out watching Davis at various points this weekend.
- Davis picked up a Kansas offer this weekend as well.
- Indiana continues to be mentioned in connection with another 2020 point guard — Lynn Greer.
- 247Sports reviews the top in-state high school performers at this weekend’s Charlie Hughes Classic.
- IU football picked up a commitment from 2020 in-state wide receiver David Baker.
- Class of 2020 offensive lineman Josh Fryar is set to announce his decision on July 4th, with Ohio State the expected destination.
Want to receive this in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
You can follow us on Twitter: @daily_hoosier
Find us on Facebook: thedailyhoosier
The Daily Hoosier –“Where Indiana fans assemble when they’re not at Assembly”
Want to receive all of our content via one e-mail in your inbox every day? It’s free. Join our daily mailing list here.
Please consider supporting The Daily Hoosier by shopping on Amazon via this link to the Amazon home page or through the ad below.